An ideal resource for the classroom or clinical setting, Sectional Anatomy for Imaging Professionals, 4th Edition provides a comprehensive, and highly visual approach to the sectional anatomy of the entire body. Side-by-side presentations of actual diagnostic images from both MRI and CT modalities and corresponding anatomic line drawings illustrate the planes of anatomy most commonly demonstrated by diagnostic imaging. Easy-to-follow descriptions detail the location and function of the anatomy, while clearly labeled images help you confidently identify anatomic structures during clinical examinations. In all, it’s the one reference you need to consistently produce the best possible diagnostic images.
- Side-by-side presentation of anatomy illustrations and corresponding CT and MRI images clarifies the location and structure of sectional anatomy.
- More than 1,500 high-quality images and detailed line drawings demonstrate sectional anatomy for every body plane commonly imaged in the clinical setting.
- Updated summary tables are used to simplify and organize key information in each chapter.
- CT or MR images of special interest are featured on the opening page in each chapter to pique readers’ interest in the area about to be covered in the text.
- Reference drawings and corresponding scanning planes appear on appropriate pages with the actual images, so they are easily referenced for correlation between the scanning planes and the resulting images.
- Introductory chapter lays a foundation of the terminology that is related to sectional anatomy.
1. Introduction to Sectional Anatomy
Anatomic Positions and Planes
Terminology and Landmarks
Abdominal and Pelvic Divisions
Multiplanar Reformation and 3D Imaging
2. Cranium and Facial Bones
Cerebral Vascular System
Lymphatic System Heart and Vasculature Great Vessels
Off-Axis Cardiac Imaging
Azygos Venous System
Abdominal Cavity Liver
Gallbladder and Biliary System Pancreas Spleen
Adrenal Glands Urinary System Stomach
Abdominal Aorta and Branches
Inferior Vena Cava and Tributaries
9. Upper Extremity
Wrist and Hand
10. Lower Extremity
Knee and Lower Leg
Ankle and Foot
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2019
- 9th February 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Lorrie Kelley MS, RT(R)(MR)(CT) is Associate Professor Emeritus at Boise State University in Boise, Idaho. She earned a bachelor’s degree in Radiologic Technology and a master’s degree in Educational Technology, both from Boise State. She was a faculty member in the Department of Radiologic Sciences for 21 years, serving as the CT/MRI Program Director and instructor.
Associate Professor, CT/MRI Program Director, Boise State University, Boise, ID
Connie Petersen MS, RT(R)(CT) is a former adjunct instructor in the Department of Radiologic Sciences at Boise State University.
Instructor, Radiography Program, Boise State University, Boise, ID
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.