- An excellent series volume covering the advances in understanding of gene functions, a high profile area of research due to recent genome projects
- This book provides essential information on new model systems available to biochemists
- The chapters in this volume are based on the papers presented in the symposium entitled "Secondary Metabolism in Model Systems"
Table of Contents
- 1. Arabidopsis Thaliana, a Model System for Investigating Volatile Terpene Biosynthesis, Regulation, and Function (D. Tholl et al.).
2. The Biochemical and Molecular Origins of Aliphatic Glucosinolate Diversity in Arabidopsis Thaliana (J. Tokuhisa et al.).
3. The Phenylpropanoid Pathway in Arabidopsis: Lessons Learned From Mutants in Sinapate Ester Biosynthesis (J. Stout, C. Chapple).
4. Evolution of Indole and Benzoxazinone Biosynthesis in Zea Mays (A. Gierl et al.).
5. Genomics, Genetics, and Biochemistry of Maize Carotenoid Biosynthesis (E.T. Wurtzel).
6. Genomic Survey of Metabolic Pathways in Rice
(B. Markus Lange, G. Presting).
7. Integrating Genome and Metabolome Toward Whole Cell Modeling with the E-Cell System (E. Wang et al.).
8. Metabolic Engineering of Soybean for Improved Flavor and Health Benefits (C.A. Maxwell et al.).
9. Mining Soybean Expressed Sequence Tag and Microarray Data (M.V. Strömvik et al.).
10. Aspergillus Nidulans as a Model System to Study Secondary Metabolism (L.A. Maggio-Hall et al.).
11. Genetics and Biochemistry of Aflatoxin Formation and Genomics Approach for Preventing Aflatoxin Contamination (Jiujiang Yu et al.).
- No. of pages: 280
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 2004
- Published: July 14, 2004
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780080474335
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Secondary Metabolism in Model Systems"