Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Isotopic labeling of cultured macroalgae and isolation of 13C-labeled cell wall polysaccharides for trophic investigations
François Thomas, Nolwen Le Duff, Cédric Leroux, Laurence Dartevelle, and Pascal Riera
2. Selected red seaweeds from the Philippines with emerging high-value applications
Anicia Q. Hurtado, Rexie Magdugo, and Alan T. Critchley
3. Challenges to the future domestication of seaweeds as cultivated species: understanding their physiological processes for large-scale production
Leila Hayashi, Sarah de J. Cantarino, and Alan T. Critchley
4. The application of seaweeds in environmental biotechnology
5. Indonesian Sargassum species bioprospecting: potential applications of bioactive compounds and challenge for sustainable development
Maya Puspita, Nur Azmi Ratna Setyawidati, Valérie Stiger-Pouvreau, Laurent Vandanjon, Ita Widowati, Ocky Karna Radjasa, Gilles Bedoux, and Nathalie Bourgougnon
6. Dictyotaceae (Dictyotales, Phaeophyceae) species from French Polynesia: current knowledge and future research
Tohei Theophilus, Christophe Vieira, Gerald Culioli, Olivier P. Thomas, Antoine D.R. N’yeurt, Serge Andréfouët, Lydiane Mattio, Claude E. Payri, and Mayalen Zubia
7. Production and properties of mycosporine-like amino acids isolated from seaweeds
Gilles Bedoux, Hugo Pliego-Cortés, Chrystele Dufau, Kevin Hardouin, Romain Boulho, Yolanda Freile-Pelegrín, Daniel Robledo, and Nathalie Bourgougnon
8. The stressful life of red and brown seaweeds on the temperate intertidal zone: effect of abiotic and biotic parameters on the physiology of macroalgae and content variability of particular metabolites
Fanny Lalegerie, Leslie Gager, Valérie Stiger-Pouvreau, and Solène Connan
9. Current knowledge and challenges in extraction, characterization and bioactivity of seaweed protein and seaweed-derived proteins
Hugo Pliego-Cortés, Isuru Wijesekara, Marie Lang, Nathalie Bourgougnon, and Gilles Bedoux
10. Defence on Surface: Macroalgae and their surface-associated microbiome
Shareen A. Abdul Malik, Gilles Bedoux, Jose Q. Garcia Maldonado, Yolanda Freile- Pelegrín, Daniel Robledo, and Nathalie Bourgougnon
11. Green and integrated processing approaches for the recovery of high-value compounds from brown seaweeds
Achinta Bordoloi and Neill Goosen
12. From seaweed to seaweeders
Seaweeds around the World: State of Art and Perspectives, Volume 95, includes discussions on current research conducted in the field of algae. Specific chapters cover Isotopic Labeling of Cultured Macroalgae and Isolation of 13C-labeled Cell Wall Polysaccharides for Trophic Investigations, Selected Red Seaweeds from the Philippines with Emerging High-Value Applications, Challenges to the Future Domestication of Seaweed Cultivated Species: Understanding Individual Needs and Physiological Processes for Large-Scale Production, The Importance of Mucilage in Dispersion and Efficiency of Fertilization of Male Gametes, The Application of Seaweeds in Environmental Biotechnology, Indonesian Sargassum Species Prospecting: Potential Applications of Bioactive Compounds, and much more.
- Presents the most recent biological knowledge and advances on seaweed
- Content covers innovations to biotechnological, aquacultural and chemical developments about seaweeds field
- Written by the most experienced authors in the field
Any and all scientists working on seaweeds, including undergraduates, graduates, researchers and academics
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 26th March 2020
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor Nathalie Bourgougnon works in the Laboratoire de Biotechnologie et Chimie Marines (LBCM - http://www-lbcm.univ-ubs.fr/fr/index.html) at Université de Bretagne-Sud (France) since 2001. Since 2016, she is director of the Laboratory. Previously, she was assistant professor at the University de la Rochelle (France) during 8 years. She teaches plant biology, physiology and biotechnology in bachelor's and master degree. The principal thematic of her research relates to marine substances with biological activities mainly extracted from seaweeds. She has a good experience in the field of the eco-friendly extraction and purification of natural molecules as evaluation of biological (antiviral, antibiofilm…) activities of marine compounds. She has published ca. > 130 papers in peer-reviewed journals and book chapters, in particular on antifouling or antiviral substances extracted from seaweeds. She has deposit two patents about antiviral substances. She has been involved in several European projects (e.g. FP4 Bioactive Marine Natural Products in the Field of Antitumoral, Antiviral and Immunomodulant Activity, MAST III; FP5 AVINSI- Anti Viral Infection Non Specific Immunity: Basis of non specific immunity against viral diseases in aquacultured species; FP6 Valbiomar Biotechnology valorization of the marine resources; FP7 Biotecmar: integrated transregional project for communication, technical information and technology transfer in the domain of biotechnological exploitation of marine products and by-products) and recently in OSEO and FUI program ULVANS and VB2 about of valorization of invasive seaweeds. She has coordinated the project ASEM-DUO from MAE between France and Malaysia (2007-2009), ECOS North with Mexico (2015-2018), PHC Nusantara (2019-2020). She is member of several networks, Two French networks: BioChiMar concerning marine substances with biological activity and SEAPro (Sustanaible Exploitation of Aquatic PROducts) concerning biotechnological up-grading of fish, seaweeds or aquaculture by-products; and an international network: RAQ Quebec Aquaculture Network. She gained experience in cooperation with International research groups: Morocco (University Tétouan; Pr. H. Riadi), Institute of Marine Biotechnology of University Malaysia Terengganu (Malaysia, Pr. Effendy), ISMER (Québec, Rimouski, Dr. R. Tremblay), Dr. I. Widowati (Faculty of Fisheries and Marine Science, Diponegoro University)… or French research groups: IFREMER (Nantes, Dr. JP Bergé; La Tremblade Dr. T. Renault), IUEM LEMAR (Brest, Dr. V. Stiger) …
She is Vice-president of International PhD School (Coordination of Doctoral program) of the Université européenne de Bretagne (UEB network of 4 french Universities and several High engineering school) www.ueb.eu. and Vice-President in charge of Research of Université de Bretagne-Sud.
At University de Bretagne-Sud, she is in charge of research program and Coordinator of master "Biotechnology" (www-lbcm.univ-ubs.fr)
Laboratoire de Biotechnologie et Chimie Marines, Université de Bretagne-Sud, PRES Université européenne de Bretagne, France
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.