Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Safety Issues in Beverage Production, Volume 18, in the Science of Beverages series, offers a multidisciplinary approach to the complex issues emerging in the beverage industry. The book is broad in coverage and provides the necessary foundation for a practical understanding of the topics that includes recent scientific industry developments that are explained to improve awareness, educate and create communication. The latest trends in legislation, safety management and novel technologies specific to beverages are discussed. This resource is ideal as a practical reference for scientists, engineers and regulators, but can also be used as a reference for courses.
- Provides tools to assess and measure sulfites in beverages using different instrumental techniques
- Presents applications of nanotechnology to the improvement of beverages, including taste, structure and overall quality
- Includes analytical procedures for measuring and controlling quality
Food scientists, food chemists, food microbiologists, food engineers in the beverages sector (R&D, Gov. and academia)
- The Management of Food Safety in the Beverage Industry
2. Detection of Metabolites of Microbial Origin in Beverages with Harmful Effect on Human Health: Biogenic Amines and Mycotoxins
3. Controlling Spillage and Pathogenic Microorganisms in Beetroot (Beta Vulgaris) Juice by High Hydrostatic Pressure
4. Factors Influencing the Detection of Alicyclobacillus in Fruit Concentrates
5. Cost-Effectiveness of Beverage Process Strategies to Prevent and Reduce Mycotoxin Contamination
6. Microbial Food Safety Aspects in Non-Alcoholic Beverages
7. Advanced Mass Spectrometry for Beverage Safety and Quality Forensic
8. Application of Membrane Technology in Beverage Production and Safety
9. The Recent Electrochemical Studies on Bispehnola Detection in Beverages
10. Toxicology and Analytical Methods for the Analysis of Allura Red (E129) in Food and Beverage Products: A Current Perspective
11. Analysis of Polyphenolic Content in Teas Using Sensors
12. Food Safety Issues Associated with Milk: A Review
13. Potential Neurotoxicity of Graviola (Annona Muricata) Juice
14. Consumption of Sugar-Sweetened Beverages: Implications for Child Heath Policies
15. Beverages and Burns in Children: The Challenge for Prevention
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 26th August 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Alexandru Mihai Grumezescu is a lecturer in the Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, at the Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science, Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania. He is an experienced researcher and published editor in the field of nano and biostructures. He is the editor-in-chief of two international open access journals: Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry, Letters and Applied NanoBioScience. Dr. Grumezescu has published more than 200 peer-reviewed papers, authored nine books, and has served as an editor for more than 50 scholarly books.
Assistant Professor, Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science and Faculty of Medical Engineering, Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania
Alina-Maria Holban is a lecturer in Microbiology and Immunology, at the Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest; and associate researcher at the University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania. Her primary area of research is the development of bionanomaterials with antimicrobial applications. Dr. Holban has published 75 papers in peer-reviewed journals, 42 conference/symposia proceedings, and has edited more than 21 edited books.
Botany and Microbiology Department, Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest, Romania