Dependable, current, and complete, this perennially best-selling text is one that you’ll use long after your medical student days are behind you. A world-class author team delivers the latest, most essential pathology knowledge in a readable, interesting manner, ensuring optimal understanding of the latest basic science and clinical content. High-quality photographs and full-color illustrations highlight new information in molecular biology, disease classifications, new drugs and drug therapies, and much more.
• Latest Information: Stay up to date with the latest information in molecular and genetic testing and mechanisms of disease.
• Reliable: Rely on uniquely authoritative and readable coverage.
• User-friendly Design: Simplify your study with an outstanding full-color, highly user-friendly design.
• Written by Experts: Gain a new perspective in key areas – thanks to contributions from new authors at the top of their fields.
1. The Cell as a Unit of Health and Disease
2. Cellular Responses to Stress and Toxic Insults: Adaptation, Injury, and Death
3. Inflammation and Repair
4. Hemodynamic Disorders, Thromboembolic Disease, and Shock
5. Genetic Disorders
6. Diseases of the Immune System
8. Infectious Diseases
9. Environmental and Nutritional Diseases
10. Diseases of Infancy and Childhood
SYSTEMIC PATHOLOGY: DISEASES OF ORGAN SYSTEMS
11. Blood Vessels
12. The Heart
13. Diseases of White Blood Cells, Lymph Nodes, Spleen, and Thymus
14. Red Blood Cell and Bleeding Disorders
15. The Lung
16. Head and Neck
17. The Gastrointestinal Tract
18. Liver and Gallbladder
19. The Pancreas
20. The Kidney
21. The Lower Urinary Tract and Male Genital System
22. The Female Genital Tract
23. The Breast
24. The Endocrine System
25. The Skin
26. Bones, Joints, and Soft Tissue Tumors
27. Peripheral Nerves and Skeletal Muscles
28. The Central Nervous System
29. The Eye
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2014
- 14th August 2014
- Elsevier India
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Vinay Kumar is an Associate Professor at Post-Graduate Department of Biotechnology, Modern College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Ganeshkhind, Pune, India and as a Visiting Faculty at the Department of Environmental Sciences, Savitribai Phule University, Pune, India. He completed his Ph.D. in Biotechnology from Savitribai Phule Pune University in 2009. He has published more than 50 peer reviewed research/ review articles, 20 book chapters and has edited 6 books for Springer, and Wiley, and this one for Elsevier. He has more than 2100 citations. He is a recipient of Government of India’s Science and Engineering Board, Department of Science and Technology (SERB-DST) Young Scientist Award in 2011. His current research interests include elucidating molecular mechanisms underlying environmental stress responses and tolerance in plants. He has been a Guest Editor for Physiologia Plantarum, and Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry, besides working as a reviewer for several journals of repute. He has received several grants from funding agencies including DBT, DST and SERB (Govt. of India) among others. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9569-2411\
Alice Hogge and Arthur A. Baer Distinguished Service Professor of Pathology, Biologic Sciences Division and the Pritzker Medical School, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Abul K. Abbas, MBBS, Distinguished Professor and Chair, Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Distinguished Professor and Chair, Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Jon C. Aster, MD, PhD, Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School; Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Professor, Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School; Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, U.S.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.