2. Historical Review and Motivation
3. Classification and Methodology – Finely Dispersed Systems
4. Rheology - Constitutive Models of Liquids
5. Theory of Electroviscoelasticity
6. Experimental Corroboration
7. Possible Further Development or Perspectives
8. Implications and Conclusive Remarks
Rheology of Emulsions, Volume 22: Electrohydrodynamics Principles studies phenomena at liquid-liquid interfaces, including finely dispersed particles or structures, in particular emulsions, double emulsions and biological cells. The book considers the forces of electrical origin that participate in the physical events at liquid-liquid interfaces, taking into account electron transfer phenomenon and electrodynamics principles. Topics covered are of interest to a broad range of scientists, researchers and graduate students with a basic knowledge of physical chemistry, electromagnetism, fluid mechanics, classical and quantum electrodynamics.
The implications and applications of the material presented in the book contribute to the advanced fundamental, applied and engineering research of interfacial electroviscoelastic phenomena.
- Features a multidisciplinary approach to electron transfer phenomena
- Introduces a new constitutive model of liquids and a theory of electroviscoelasticity
- Addresses a broad range of subject field examples that make it useful to various research communities
Scientists, researchers and graduate students in chemical engineering, colloid and interface science, nanoscience and nanotechnology, biology and biomedicine
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 25th April 2018
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
In 1992 Aleksandar M. Spasic obtained a Doctor degree in Chemical Engineering. His professional activities encompass basic, applied and development research in the field of chemical and metallurgical engineering, physical chemistry and inorganic chemical technology. He was chairman of the section Extraction and Leaching at the International Congresses of Chemical and Process Engineering. He (co)-authored several monographs and published articles in international scientific journals.
Institute for Technology of Nuclear and Other Mineral Raw Materials, Belgrade, Serbia; Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia; International Atomic Energy Agency-LUR-CNRS, Odeillo Font-Romeu, France