Relationship Between Microbes and the Environment for Sustainable Ecosystem Services, Volume 3
Microbial Tools for Sustainable Ecosystem Services
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
Relationship Between Microbes and Environment for Sustainable Ecosystem Services, Volume Three: Microbial Tools for Sustainable Ecosystem Services promotes advances in sustainable solutions, value-added products, and fundamental research in microbes and the environment. Topics include advanced and recent developments in the use of microbes for sustainable development. Volume Three includes concepts and applications of microbes in ecosystem services, with a focus on sustainable practices. The book will include case studies and utility of microbes on both geographical and production system-wide considerations. This book provides reference information ranging from the description of various microbial applications for the sustainability in different aspects of food, energy, environment industry and social development. This book will be helpful to environmental biotechnology scientists, industrial professionals and experts working in the field of microbiology.
- Covers the latest developments, recent applications and future research avenues in microbial biotechnology for sustainable development
- Includes expressive tables and figures with concise information about sustainable ecosystem services
- Provides a wide variety of applications and modern practices of harnessing the potential of microbes in the environment
Scientists, experts and industrial professionals working in the field of microbe-based products
Table of Contents
- 1. Clean energy production by microorganisms: A sustainable approach
2. Prospects of clean energy from bacteria, fungus and algae
3. Microbiology of biofuels: cultivating the future
4. Role of Microbial Xylanases in bio-refinery platform and it's impact on ecosystem services
5. Microbial filters for Air Treatment: A Sustainable Approach
6. Cyanobacteria: A Pro-pollution Indicator For Environmental Hazards
7. Microorganism in waste valorization and its impact on the environment and economy.
8. Eco-friendly biopolymers and bioadsorbants from algae to combat pollution
9. Role of Algae in controlling and biomonitoring pollutants in aquatic ecosystem
10. Bioremediation of chlorophenols for the production of biogas: a green alternative
11. Microbial surfactants: approaches in environmental contamination management
12. Role of beneficial microbes in biotic and abiotic stress
13. Application of microbial antagonists for the preservation of fruits from postharvest diseases of fruits
14. Microbial Fuel Cell: A State-of-the-Art Technology for Bioelectricity Generation
15. Lactococcus lactis: A Potent Metabolite to design Natural Health Promoting Biofunctional Foods
16. Microbial enzymes: a new approach for contamination management
17. Effect of Bio-Additives and Kinetic Studies of Saccharomyces cerevisiae on High Purity Alcohol Production Suitable for Medicinal Use
18. Second-generation biofuels: Facts and future
- No. of pages: 340
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier 2022
- Published: November 23, 2022
- Imprint: Elsevier
- eBook ISBN: 9780323910668
- Paperback ISBN: 9780323899369
About the Editors
Dr. Jastin Samuel (PhD) is working as Assistant Professor leading waste valorization research lab at Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab, India. He has more than a decade experience in R&D. He has been an active part of DST, EU-DBT, and CSIR-funded projects. He was awarded the prestigious CSIR-SRF fellowship in Engineering (ENG42) in 2013. Along with his team, he has developed lab-scale mine wastewater treatment system for opencast mines at Orissa, India; established ETP tertiary treatment facility for two industries (sugar industry and distillery industry) with reuse and business proposition in Andhra Pradesh, India, that is, approved by CPCB; established a water treatment facility at Pondicherry in PPP mode with the State Government. He is presently working on pathway assessment and mitigation of Micro and Nano-plastics. He has been a member of review boards of various journals and conferences in India and abroad.
Affiliations and Expertise
Assistant Professor at the Department of Microbiology, and leads the Waste Valorization Research Lab, Lovely Professional University, Punjab, India
Dr. Ajay Kumar is a visiting scientist at the Department of Postharvest Science, Agriculture Research Organization, Volcani Center, Rishon LeZion, Israel. He has published extensively in leading International and National journals or books. He has wide area of research experience, especially in the field of Plant-Microbe Interactions, Microbial biocontrol, and Endophytes related with the medicinal plants, Postharvest management of fruits. Dr. Kumar has published more than 165 research articles including review papers/book chapters/ books in the leading international journals. He is serving as special issue editors in some journals like “Frontiers in Microbiology, Microorganism” etc. In addition also acting as reviewer in some leading journals like Frontiers group, PLOS ONE, Agriculture, Ecosystem and Environment, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, Biological Control, Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 3Biotech etc. Dr, Kumar has edited several books with leading publishers including Elsevier, Springer, and Taylor and Francis.
Affiliations and Expertise
Visiting scientist at the Department of Postharvest Science in Agriculture Research Organization, Volcani Center, Rishon LeZion, Israel
Prof. Joginder Singh is currently a Professor in the Department of Microbiology at Lovely Professional University, Punjab, India. He is an active member of various scientific societies and organizations including, Association of Microbiologists of India, Indian Society of Salinity Research Scientists, Indian Society for Radiation Biology, and European Federation of Biotechnology. He has more than 70 research and review articles in peer-reviewed journals, edited 12 books and authored/co-authored 45 chapters in edited books. He serves as a reviewer for many prestigious journals, including Current Research in Engineering, Science and Technology, Journal of Cleaner Production, Science of the Total Environment, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, Pedosphere, Soil and Sediment Contamination, Symbiosis, International Journal of Phytoremediation, Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety and many more. Dr Singh has attended several international and national Seminars, Symposia, Conferences and where he has chaired technical sessions and presented papers.
Affiliations and Expertise
Professor, Department of Microbiology, Climate Mitigation and Sustainable Agriculture Research lab (CMaSAR), Division of Research and Development, Lovely Professional University, Punjab, India
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Relationship Between Microbes and the Environment for Sustainable Ecosystem Services, Volume 3"