- Industrial engineers and plant managers, with strong backgrounds in SCM, will learn how lean management principles can be utilized to make their organizations leaner, more efficient, and more competitive
- Readers will find out how to lay out various approaches to incorporating Lean and SCM practices
- Readers can learn how to customize a cutting-edge Lean Supply Chain strategy which will give a distinct advantage over the competition
Table of Contents
- Part I: Integrating Supply Chain Management
Chapter 1: What is a Supply Chain?
Introducing the First Article Lab
Defining the Supply Chain
A Little History
Chapter 2: What is Supply Chain Management (SCM)?
What is Management
A Structure, The Managed, The Managing
Chapter 3: What are the tools of SCM?
Meeting PPI, Inc.
Chapter 4: What are the measures of a successful SCM?
The Role and Purpose of Measures
Some Examples of Measures
The Role and Purpose of Control Systems
An Industry Example – Managing Your Supply Chain Using Event Management
What is the Best Measure for Your Organization?
Chapter 5: What does it take to create a World Class Supply Chain Environment?
Part II: Developing a Lean Environment
Chapter 6: What is Lean?
How the Lean Process Works
Chapter 7: What are the Acceptance tools of Lean Management?
What is an Acceptance Tool?
Some Success Stories
Reviewing a Few Examples of Acceptance Tools
Appendix 7-A: The JoHari Window Assessment Test
Appendix 7-B: The Values System Survey
Appendix 7-C: The PA-PT Survey
Appendix 7-D: The Situational Leadership Survey
Chapter 8: What are the Technical tools of Lean Management?
What is a Technical Tool?
Mapping the Process
Some Success Stories
Reviewing a Few Additional Examples of the Technical Tools
Chapter 9: What are the measures of Lean Success?
Why are the Lean Improvements So Dramatic?
Part III: Creating a Lean Supply Chain Management Environment
Chapter 10: How to create an integrated World Class Lean SCM environment
How do the Principles and Goals of Lean and SCM Align?
Chapter 11: Developing a leading competitive edge using World Class Lean SCM
Supply Chain Woes
- No. of pages: 328
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Butterworth-Heinemann 2006
- Published: August 14, 2006
- Imprint: Butterworth-Heinemann
- eBook ISBN: 9780080465036
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780123705174
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Reinventing Lean"