Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The rapid increase in microbial resources along with the development of biotechnological methods has revolutionized the field of microbial biotechnology. Genome characterization methods and metagenomic approaches further illustrate the role of microorganisms in various fields of research. Recent Advancement in Microbial Biotechnology: Agricultural and Industrial Approach provides an overview on the recent application of the microorganisms in agricultural and industrial improvements. The purpose of this book is to integrate all these diverse areas of research in a common platform. Recent advancement in Microbial Biotechnology targets researchers from both academia and industry, professors and graduate students working in molecular biology, microbiology and biotechnology.
- Gives insight in the exploration of microbial functional diversity in different systems
- Highlights important microbes and their role in enhancing agricultural productivity
- Provides understanding to the basics with advance information of microbial biotechnology
- Explores the importance of microbial genomes studies in agricultural and industrial applications
Microbiologists, biotechnologists, biochemists. Graduate students in agricultural and industrial biotechnology
1. Introduction to Microbial Biotechnology and Sustainable Agriculture
2. Role of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria in agriculture: A overview
3. Environment friendly biopesticide: Current status, challenges, and future prospects
4. Microbial Biofertilizers: Recent Advances and Future Outlook
5. Phosphate-Solubilizing Bacteria: Recent Trends and Applications in agriculture
6. Role of actinobacteria in plant growth promotion: Current perspectives
7. Cyanobacteria: Environment friendly sustainable agriculture and crop production
8. Trichoderma: Applications and future prospective in agricultural industry
9. Endophytic microorganisms, bioactive metabolites and host fitness
10. Microbes and vermicomposting: Current status and future prospective
11. Lignocellulose fungi: Recent overview of bioconversion and enzyme production
12. Microbial Polyhydroxyalkanoates: Recent developments, biosynthesis and biotechnological approaches
13. Current scenario of microbial algal biomass opportunities for bioenergy industry and their commercial application
14. Bio-prospective of yeast: Current status and future prospective
15. Bioactive secondary metabolites of microorganisms: Importance and implications of their occurrence
16. Microbial and plant associated bioremediation of heavy metals: A potential role for agriculture
17. Role of nitrogen fixing bacteria and their significance for sustainable agriculture
18. Biofuel: Current Applications and Future Perspectives
19. Microbial Nanotechnology: Current state and perspectives
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st August 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr Surajit De Mandal is Postdoctoral researcher in College of Agriculture, South China Agricultural University (SCAU), Guangzhou, P. R. China. He completed his Ph.D from the Dept. of Biotechnology, Mizoram University, India. His main areas of research are microbial ecology, insect-microbe interactions and microbial biopesticides. Dr. De Mandal has more than fifty publications to his credit, including research papers, review articles & book chapters and edited book. He has reviewed publications for various international journals like Frontier in Microbiology, Scientific reports, Heliyon, Geomicrobiology etc. Presently he is studying the role of gut microbiota in insect immunity.
Postdoctoral Researcher, College of Agriculture, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, People's Republic of China
Dr. Ajit Kumar Passari working as Postdoctoral Fellow in Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas, Universidad Nacional Autónoma (UNAM), México. Dr. Passari has more than seven years of research experience in the fields of Clinical, Molecular Biology, Agricultural Biotechnology, Plant-Microbe Interactions, Natural Product Isolation, Plant Growth Promoting potential of microbes and their biocontrol effect in crop plant. Dr. Passari obtained doctorate in Biotechnology from Department of Biotechnology, Mizoram University, India. Dr. Passari has published more than 30 publications in different reputed international and national journals along with many edited books published with Elsevier and he has also filled many patents in India. Dr. Passari is reviewer of different international journals including Nature-Scientific Reports, PLOS One, Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology and Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology A & B.
Senior Researcher, Department of Biotechnology, Mizoram University, Aizawl, Mizoram, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.