Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Internet of Things in healthcare: Smart devices, sensors, and systems related to diseases and health conditions
2. Real-time data analytics in healthcare using the Internet of Things
3. Lightweight code self-verification using return-oriented programming in resilient IoT
4. Monte-Carlo Simulation models for reliability analysis of low-cost IoT communication networks in smart grid
5. Lightweight ciphertext-policy attribute-based encryption scheme for data privacy and security in cloud-assisted IoT
6. Soft sensor with shape descriptors for flame quality prediction based on LSTM regression
7. Communication-aware edge-centric knowledge dissemination in edge computing environments
8. An effective blockchain-based, decentralized application for smart building system management
9. Privacy and security of Internet of Things devices
10. Software-Defined Networking for the Internet of Things: Securing home networks using SDN
Real-Time Data Analytics for Large-Scale Sensor Data covers the theory and applications of hardware platforms and architectures, the development of software methods, techniques and tools, applications, governance and adoption strategies for the use of massive sensor data in real-time data analytics. It presents the leading-edge research in the field and identifies future challenges in this fledging research area. The book captures the essence of real-time IoT based solutions that require a multidisciplinary approach for catering to on-the-fly processing, including methods for high performance stream processing, adaptively streaming adjustment, uncertainty handling, latency handling, and more.
- Examines IoT applications, the design of real-time intelligent systems, and how to manage the rapid growth of the large volume of sensor data
- Discusses intelligent management systems for applications such as healthcare, robotics and environment modeling
- Provides a focused approach towards the design and implementation of real-time intelligent systems for the management of sensor data in large-scale environments
Biomedical engineers, researchers in data analytics, Big Data, health care management and intelligent systems
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 31st August 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Himansu Das is working as an as Assistant Professor in the School of Computer Engineering, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. He has received his B. Tech and M. Tech degree from Biju Pattnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Odisha, India. He has published several research papers in various international journals and conferences. He has also edited several books of international repute. He is associated with different international bodies as Editorial/Reviewer board member of various journals and conferences. He is a proficient in the field of Computer Science Engineering and served as an organizing chair, publicity chair and act as member of program committees of many national and international conferences. He is also associated with various educational and research societies like IACSIT, ISTE, UACEE, CSI, IET, IAENG, ISCA etc., His research interest includes Grid Computing, Cloud Computing, and Machine Learning. He has also 10 years of teaching and research experience in different engineering colleges.
Assistant Professor, Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
Nilanjan Dey is Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, JIS University, Kolkata, India. He is a visiting fellow of the University of Reading, UK. Previously, he held an honorary position of Visiting Scientist at Global Biomedical Technologies Inc., CA, USA (2012–2015). He was awarded his PhD from Jadavpur University in 2015. He has authored/edited more than 70 books with Elsevier, CRC Press, and SpringerNature, and published more than 300 papers. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Ambient Computing and Intelligence (IGI Global), Associated Editor of IEEE Access, and International Journal of Information Technology (Springer). He is the Series Co-Editor of Springer Tracts in Nature-Inspired Computing (Springer), Series Co-Editor of Advances in Ubiquitous Sensing Applications for Healthcare (Elsevier), Series Editor of Computational Intelligence in Engineering Problem Solving and Intelligent Signal Processing and Data Analysis (CRC). His main research interests include medical imaging, machine learning, computer aided diagnosis, data mining, etc. He is the Indian Ambassador of the International Federation for Information Processing—Young ICT Group and Senior member of IEEE.
Assistant Professor, Department of Information Technology, Techno India College of Technology, Rajarhat, Kolkata, India
Valentina E. Balas holds a Ph.D. in Applied Electronics and Telecommunications from Polytechnic University of Timisoara. Dr. Balas is author of more than 250 research papers in refereed journals and International Conferences. Her research interests are in Intelligent Systems, Fuzzy Control, Soft Computing, Smart Sensors, Information Fusion, Modeling and Simulation. She is the Editor-in-Chief to International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms (IJAIP) and to International Journal of Computational Systems Engineering (IJCSysE), Editorial Board member of several national and international journals and is evaluator expert for national and international projects. Dr. Balas is the director of Intelligent Systems Research Centre in Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad and was Vice-president (Awards) of IFSA International Fuzzy Systems Association Council (2013-2015) and is a Joint Secretary of the Governing Council of Forum for Interdisciplinary Mathematics (FIM), - A Multidisciplinary Academic Body, India.
Professor, Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad, Romania
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.