- Assumes little mathematical or physical sophistication
- Emphasizes understanding of the techniques and results of quantum chemistry
- Includes improved coverage of time-dependent phenomena, term symbols, and molecular rotation and vibration
- Provides a new chapter on molecular orbital theory of periodic systems
- Features new exercise sets with solutions
- Includes a helpful new appendix that compiles angular momentum rules from operator algebra
Table of Contents
- 1. Classical Waves and the Time-Independent Schridinger Wave Equation.
2. Quantum Mechanics of Some Simple Systems.
3. The One-Dimensional Harmonic Oscillator.
4. The Hydrogenlike Ion, Angular Momentum, and the Rigid Rotor.
5. Many-Electron Atoms.
6. Postulates and Theorems of Quantum Mechanics.
7. The Variation Method.
8. The Simple Huckel Method and Applications. 9. Matrix Formulation of the Linear Variation Method.
10. The Extended Huckel Method.
11. The SCF-LCAO-MO Method and Extensions.
12. Time-Independent Rayleigh-Schridinger Perturbation Theory.
13. Group Theory.
14. Qualitative Molecular Orbital Theory.
15. Molecular Orbital Theory of Periodic Systems.
1. Useful Integrals.
3. Evaluation of the Coulomb Repulsion Integral over 1s AOs.
4. Angular Momentum Rules from Operator Algebra. 5. The Pairing Theorem.
6. Huckel Molecular Orbital Energies, Coefficients, Electron Densities, and Bond Orders for Some Simple Molecules.
7. Derivation of the Hartree-Fock Equation.
8. The Virial Theorem for Atoms and Diatomic Molecules.
9. Bra-Ket Notation.
10. Values of Some Useful Constants and Conversion Factors.
11. Group Theoretical Charts and Tables.
12. Hints for Solving Selected Problems.
13. Answers to Selected Problems.
- No. of pages: 711
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2012
- Published: June 29, 1993
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080515540
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Quantum Chemistry"