Covering the science and application of this promising alternative to conventional radiation therapy, Proton Therapy, by Dr. Steven Frank, provides essential information on clinically-focused topics across the full spectrum of disease sites. Succinct and easy to digest, this concise resource also discusses therapeutic principles, the physics of proton therapy, and guidelines regarding treatment planning.
- Covers the principles of radiobiology and proton particle beam therapy, as well as treatment planning, quality assurance, treatment delivery procedures, and pediatric considerations.
- Addresses applications across all disease sites.
- Discusses future outcomes and advancements in this rapidly changing field.
- Consolidates today’s available information on this timely topic into one convenient resource.
Section I: Introduction
1. Principles of Radiobiology
2. Principles of Proton Particle Beam Therapy
Section II: Physics and Treatment Planning
3. Patient Simulation
4. Treatment Planning
5. Physics Quality Assurance
6. Treatment Delivery Procedures
Section III: Disease Sites
8. Central Nervous System
Genitourinary - Prostate
11. Head & Neck
13. Pediatric Considerations
15. Thoracic - Esophageal
16. Thoracic - Lung
Section IV: Future Outcomes and Advancements
17. Technological Advancement in Proton Therapy
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 1st January 2025
- Paperback ISBN:
Professor of Radiation Oncology Executive Director, Particle Therapy Institute Deputy Division Head, Strategic Programs The UT MD Anderson Cancer Center Houston, Texas
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.