Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Proteins: Sustainable Source, Processing and Applications addresses sustainable proteins, with an emphasis on proteins of animal origin, plant-based and insect proteins, microalgal single cell proteins, extraction, production, the stability and bioengineering of proteins, food applications (e.g. encapsulation, films and coatings), consumer behavior and sustainable consumption. Written in a scientific manner to meet the needs of chemists, food scientists, technologists, new product developers and academics, this book addresses the health effects and properties of proteins, highlights sustainable sources, processes and consumption models, and analyzes the potentiality of already commercialized processes and products.
This book is an integral resource that supports the current applications of proteins in the food industry, along with those that are currently under development.
- Supports the current applications of proteins in the food industry, along with those that are under development
- Connects the properties and health effects of proteins with sustainable sources, recovery procedures, stability and encapsulation
- Explores industrial applications that are affected by aforementioned aspects
Food scientists and nutrition researchers working in food applications and food processing as well as those who are interested in the development of innovative products and functional foods; food technologists, engineers, and chemists; new product developers, researchers, academics and professionals working in the food industry; post-graduate students studying food chemistry, food science and technology, and food processing
- Health effects of proteins and peptides
2. Sustainable proteins production
3. Consumer behavior and sustainable protein consumption
4. Insects as a source of sustainable proteins
5. Microalgae as a potential source of proteins
6. Plant-based proteins
7. Protein isolates from meat processing by-products
8. Proteins from fish processing by-products
9. Whey proteins
10. Extraction techniques of proteins and peptides
11. Production and bioengineering of therapeutic proteins
12. Stability of proteins during processing and storage
13. Applications of proteins in encapsulation
14. Plant based proteins and flavor delivery in foods
15. Applications in foods
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 30th May 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Charis M. Galanakis is a multidisciplinary scientist in agricultural sciences as well as food and environmental science, technology, and sustainability, with experience in both industry and academia. He is the research and innovation director of Galanakis Laboratories in Chania, Greece, an adjunct professor of King Saud University in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and the director of Food Waste Recovery Group (SIG5) of ISEKI Food Association in Vienna, Austria. He pioneered the new discipline of food waste recovery and has established the most prominent innovation network in the field. He also serves as a senior consultant for the food industry and expert evaluator for international and regional funded programs and proposals. He is an editorial board member of Food and Bioproducts Processing, Food Research International, and Foods, has edited over 45 books, and has published hundreds of research articles, reviews, monographs, chapters, and conference proceedings.
Galanakis Laboratories, Chania, Greece
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.