- Reviews the wide range of protein sources available
- Examines ways of modifying protein sources
- Discusses the use of proteins to enhance the nutritional, textural and other qualities of food products
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Properties of proteins in food systems. Part 1 Sources of proteins: The caseins; Whey proteins; Muscle proteins; Soy proteins; Proteins from oil-producing plants; Cereal proteins; Seaweed proteins. Part 2 Analysing and modifying proteins: Testing protein functionality; Modelling protein behaviour; Modifying seeds to produce proteins; Extraction and purification of proteins; Detecting and removing proteins with allergenic potential. Part 3 Applications: Using proteins as additives in foods: An introduction; Edible films and coatings from proteins; Protein gels; Textured soy protein as an ingredient; Functional value of dairy proteins and peptides; The impact of proteins on food colour; The use of immobilised enzymes.
- No. of pages: 704
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2004
- Published: April 22, 2004
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781855738379
About the Editor
Rickey Y. Yada
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Proteins in Food Processing"