Protecting Personnel at Hazardous Waste Sites
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
The second edition of this book brings together a wide range of occupational safety and health recommendations and practices directly applying to hazardous waste site clean ups. In addition to providing the most current information on maximumprotection for clean up personnel, this book is a practical authoritative guide for those involved in clean up operations. The completely updated second edition cites the newest OSHA and NIOSH recommendations which have developed over the past decade and explores the new federal emphasis in hazardous waste site clean ups as Radiation safety, Toxicology, Unexploded ordanance, OSHA training, EPA training and site health and safety plans.
Table of Contents
- Federal government programs and information gathering; Occupational health and safety programs for hazardous waste workers; Toxicology overview; Air monitoring at hazardous waste sites; Compatibility testing; Medical surveillance for hazardous waste workers; Site layout and engineered controls; Personal protective equipment; Heat stress in industrial protective encapsulating garments; Decomtamination; training; Contingency plans; Radiation safety; Ordanance; Explosive Waste; Unexploded ordanance; Site health and safety plans; Appendix A-D.
- No. of pages: 581
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Butterworth-Heinemann 1993
- Published: December 30, 1993
- Imprint: Butterworth-Heinemann
- eBook ISBN: 9781483292397
About the Editor
WILLIAM F. MARTIN
Affiliations and Expertise
US Public Health Service, Indian Health Service, US Coast Guard, Federal Water Pollution COntrol Administration, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Valentec International Corpoaration, Environmental Systems & Services, Inc.
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Protecting Personnel at Hazardous Waste Sites"