- Provides an overview of the types of natural fibres used in composites
- Discusses fibre-matrix interface and how it can be engineered to improve performance
- Examines the increasing use of natural-fibre composites in automotive and structural engineering and the packaging and energy sector
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Natural-fibre composites: Natural fibres for composite applications: Types and properties; Matrices for natural-fibre reinforced composites; Engineering the fibre/matrix interface in natural-fibre composites; Processing techniques for natural and wood-fibre composites; Development of non-wood natural-fibre composites; Cellulose nanocomposites. Part 2 Case studies and opportunities: Natural-fibre composites in the automotive sector; Natural-fibre composites in structural applications; Natural-fibre-biodegradable polymer composites for packaging; Opportunities for using wood and biofibers for energy, chemical feedstocks and structural applications; Market issues and considerations in development of natural/wood-fibre composites. Part 3 Performance of natural-fibre composites: Mechanical testing of natural-fibre composites; Mechanical performance of thermoplastic matrix natural fibre composites; Long-term performance of natural-fibre composites; Modelling natural-fibre composites.
- No. of pages: 576
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2008
- Published: June 23, 2008
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845694593
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Properties and Performance of Natural-Fibre Composites"