The seventh edition of Promoting Health is an essential book for a range of health practitioners to guide their health promotion practice within a comprehensive primary health care context.
With a new author team featuring Jane Taylor and Lily O’Hara, the book explores the socio-ecological determinants of health and wellbeing as a foundation for holistic, ecological, salutogenic health promotion practice. The health promotion practice cycle, including evidence-based community assessment, program planning, implementation and evaluation, is described in detail. The book also includes chapters on five health promotion action areas.
Promoting Health is a comprehensive, easy-to-understand resource that students and practitioners will find themselves returning to throughout their studies and professional practice.
Part 1: Health promotion development and concepts
• Chapter 1: Health promotion in context
• Chapter 2: Core concepts informing health promotion practice
• Chapter 3: Ecological sustainability and human health and wellbeing
Part 2: Health promotion practice
• Chapter 4: Program development and evaluation
• Chapter 5: Healthy public policy: creating environments and settings that support wellbeing and health promotion
• Chapter 6: Community development action for social and environmental change
• Chapter 7: Health education and health literacy
• Chapter 8: Health information and social marketing
• Chapter 9: Immunisation, screening, risk assessment and surveillance
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 30th September 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Associate Professor in Public Health (Health Promotion), University of the Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia
Associate Professor in Public Health (Health Promotion), Qatar University, Qatar
Corporate and Community Planner—Strategy, City of Greater Bendigo, VIC, Australia
Senior Lecturer, La Trobe Rural Health School, School of Science, Health and Engineering, La Trobe University, VIC, Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.