- Extended timely reviews of topics in medicinal chemistry
- Targets and technologies relevant to the discovery of tomorrow’s drugs
- Analyses of successful drug discovery programmes
Everyone interested in the strategy and practice of the preclinical phases of the creation of new medicines. Those wishing to understand the drivers of drug design or expand their knowledge of therapeutic target classes
Table of Contents
1. Non-Systemic Intestine-Targeted Drugs
Matthew C. T. Fyfe
2. Measurement, Interpretation and Use of Free Ligand Solution Conformations in Drug Discovery
Thorsten Nowak, Martin Watson and Charles D. Blundell
3. Recent Advances in the Discovery of Deubiquitinating Enzyme Inhibitors
4. The Evolving Role of the Medicinal Chemist
Geoff Lawton and Peter Nussbaumer
- No. of pages: 260
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier 2016
- Published: February 1, 2016
- Imprint: Elsevier
- eBook ISBN: 9780444637420
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780444637154
About the Serial Editors
From 2003 to 2007 he was founding Research Director with Lectus Therapeutics building from start-up a drug discovery organisation; generating the team, facilities and project portfolio targeting the next generation of ion channel modulating medicines.
Since 2001 Geoff has provided scientific and strategic evaluation and advice on drug discovery as an independent consultant for a number small and medium sized biotech companies, CROs, VCs, academic groups and medical research charities.
Geoff serves on the Board of Antabio, a French biotech company developing tomorrow’s antibacterial drugs.
He is a founder of INMedD, a new medicines discovery social enterprise.
Affiliations and Expertise
David R. Witty
In 2010 David and several colleagues successfully raised $35M in venture funding to found Convergence Pharmaceuticals, a specialist ion channel company focused on the development of novel treatments for pain, based in Cambridge UK. David presently leads their discovery programme and manages scientific operations within the business.
David is chairman of the Fine Chemicals Group of the Society of Chemical Industry, with responsibility for the delivery of conferences, seminars and training courses for chemists throughout the UK and Europe, and advising parliamentary bodies on matters of relevance to the UK chemical industry.
Since 2008 David has been a STEM ambassador for SETPOINT, introducing school students at both primary and secondary level to the excitement and possibilities of pursuing scientific careers, through workshops, lectures and competitions.
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Progress in Medicinal Chemistry"