Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Process Safety Calculations, Second Edition remains to be an essential guide for students and practitioners in process safety engineering who are working on calculating and predicting risks and consequences. The book focuses on calculation procedures based on basic chemistry, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, conservation equations, kinetics and practical models. It provides helpful calculations to demonstrate compliance with regulations and standards, such as Seveso directive(s)/COMAH, CLP regulation, ATEX directives, PED directives, REACH regulation, OSHA/NIOSH and UK ALARP, along with risk and consequence assessment, stoichiometry, thermodynamics, stress analysis and fluid-dynamics.
This fully revised, updated and expanded second edition follows the same organization as the first, including the original three main parts, Fundamentals, Consequence Assessment and Quantitative Risk Assessment. However, the latter part is significantly expanded, including an appendix consisting of five fundamental thematic areas belonging to the risk assessment framework, including in-depth calculations methodologies for some fundamental monothematic macro-areas of process safety.
- Revised, updated and expanded new edition that includes newly developing areas of process safety that are relevant to QRA
- Provides engineering fundamentals to enable readers to properly approach the subject of process safety
- Includes a remarkable and broad numbers of calculation examples, which are completely resolved and fully explained
- Develops the QRA subject, consistently with the methodology applied in the big projects
Process safety engineers, Process engineers, Chemical Engineers, Environmental engineers, Industrial engineers, Governmental agency (OSHA, HSE, CSB, etc.) employees in oil and gas industry, chemical and petrochemical industry, engineering companies, chemical engineering faculties. Teachers, under/graduates and PhD students
PART 1: FUNDAMENTALS
1. Chemistry of Process Safety
2. Thermodynamics and Thermochemistry of Process Safety
3. Reaction Engineering for Process Safety
4. Fluid-Dynamics for Process Safety
5. Loads and Stress Analysis for Process Safety
6. Statistics and Reliability for Process Safety
PART 2: CONSEQUENCE ASSESSMENT
7. Source Models
8. Dispersion Models
11. Dust Explosions
PART 3: QUANTITATIVE RISK ASSESSMENT
12. Quantitative Risk Assessment
13. Explosion protection of vessels and enclosures
14. Structural dynamics of buildings subject to explosion loads
15. Mitigation of toxic risk
16. Layer of Protection Analysis for SIL assignment
17. Calculations for equipment asset integrity management
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 26th February 2021
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Renato Benintendi Msc CEng FIChemE is Senior Researcher at Chemical Physical Department ULB University, Brussels and Process Safety and Loss Prevention Principal Consultant at Wood (Formerly Foster Wheeler), Reading Office. He authored more than 40 publications on international journals, is tutoring and mentoring dissertations in several universities in the UK, France, and Italy. He has 35 years’ experience in process engineering, process safety engineering, environmental engineering, asset integrity management, is lecturing and delivering conference papers in USA, Asia, Europe, and is the author of research programs in process safety and environmental engineering. His specialties encompass process safety, safety modelling, HSE international regulation expertise, environmental engineering, process engineering, and unit operation engineering.
Senior Researcher, Chemical Physical Department ULB University, Brussels; Process Safety and Loss Prevention Principal Consultant,Wood (Formerly Foster Wheeler), Reading Office
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.