Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Paraprobiotics and Postbiotics
Belinda Vallejo-Cordoba, Cecilia Castro-Lópea, Hugo S. García, Aarón F. González-Córdova, Adrián Hernández-Mendoza
2. Phytochemicals, the new frontiers of prebiotics
Filomena Nazzaro, Florinda Fratianni, Vincenzo De Feo, Alberto Battistelli, Raffaele Coppola
3. Flow cytometry to address challenges in the enumeration of probiotics in foods and supplements
Claude Champagn, Yves Raymond
4. Fermented milk: the most popular probiotic food carrier
Nasim Khorshidian, Mojtaba Yousefi, Amir M. Mortazavian
5. Vegetable milk as probiotic and prebiotic food carrier
Anil Pangha, M.K. Garg, Poorva Sharma, Navnidhi Chhikara
6. Edible films added of Probiotic and Prebiotics
7. Meat Products as Prebiotic Food Carrier
Marise Aparecida Rodrigues Polonio
8. Prebiotic Tubers and Roots
Maria Teresa Pedrosa Silva Clerici
9. Sensory methods applied to the development of probiotic and prebiotic foods
Adriana Gambar, Matthew B. McSweeney
10. Probiotics and Prebiotics in Non-Bovine Milk Products
D.M.D Rasika, M.AD.D. Munasinghe, J.K Vidanarachchi, S Ajlouni, C.S. Ranadheera
The Advances in Food and Nutrition Research series highlights new advances in the field, with this new volume presenting interesting chapters. Each chapter is written by an international board of authors.
- Provides the authority and expertise of leading contributors from an international board of authors
- Presents the latest release in the Advances in Food and Nutrition Research series
- Updated release includes the latest information on the Probiotic and Prebiotics in Foods: challenges, innovations and advances
Scientists involved in R&D related with food science and nutrition but also with food quality and safety
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 4th September 2020
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Elane Schwinden Prudencio works in the Department of Food Science and Technology at Federal University of Santa Catarina
Department of Food Science and Technology, Federal University of Santa Catarina
Erick Almeida Esmerino works at Federal Rural University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Federal Rural University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Marcia Cristina da Silva works in the Departamento de Alimentos at Instituto Federal de Educacao Ciencia e Tecnologia of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Departamento de Alimentos at Instituto Federal de Educacao Ciencia e Tecnologia of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Adriano Gomes da Cruz is professor of Federal Institute of Rio de Janeiro within the departament of food. Dr. Cruz’s research focuses on the development of dairy science and technology, with emphasis in probiotic and prebiotic dairy foods development as well as probiotic technology and food quality, microbiology, and safety.
Professor, Department of Food, Federal Institute of Rio de Janeiro (IFRJ), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.