Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Private Equity and Venture Capital in Europe: Markets, Techniques, and Deals, Third Edition introduces private equity, investments and venture capital markets while also presenting new information surrounding the core of private equity, including secondary markets, private debt, PPP within private equity, crowdfunding, venture philanthropy, impact investing, and more. Every chapter has been updated with new data, cases, examples, sections and chapters that illuminate elements unique to the European model. With the help of new pedagogical materials, this updated edition provides marketable insights about valuation and deal-making not available elsewhere.
As the private equity world continues to undergo many challenges and opportunities, this book presents both fundamentals and advanced topics that will help readers stay informed on market evolution.
- Provides a unique focus on Europe for equity investors and long-term investments
- Contains theoretical knowledge put into practice using with real-world cases and the language and the methodologies of practitioners
- Presents structured topics that help readers understand increasing levels of difficulty
- Includes learning tools such as mini-cases, call-outs and boxes that recall previously presented definitions throughout chapters
Graduate students and advanced upper-division undergraduates. Professionals working in venture capital, financial markets and financial institutions
Part 1 General Framework and Private Equity Deals
1. The Fundamentals of Private Equity and Venture Capital
2. Theoretical Foundation of Private Equity and Venture Capital
3. Clusters of Investment Within Private Equity
4. Investing in the Early Stages of a Company: Venture Capital
5. Investments in Mature Companies: Expansion Financing
6. Investments in Mature Companies: Replacement Financing
7. Investing in Mature Companies: Vulture Financing
Part 2 Legal and Fiscal Framework in the Private Equity Business
8. Legal Framework in Europe for Equity Investors
9. Legal Framework in the United States and United Kingdom for Equity Investors
10. Taxation Framework for Private Equity and Fiscal Impact for Equity Investors
Part 3 Managing a Private Equity Investment
11. The Managerial Process
14. Managing and Monitoring
16. Listing a Private Company
Part 4 Company Valuation, New Solutions, and Industry Trends
17. Company Valuation in Private and Venture Capital
18. Techniques of Equity Value Definition
19. New Trends and Solutions in the Private Equity and Venture Capital Industry
20. Strategies, Business Models, and Perspectives of Private Equity and Venture Capital
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 28th March 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Stefano Caselli is Vice-Rector for International Affairs at Bocconi University where he is a Full Professor of Banking and Finance and Chair in Long-Term Investment and Absolute Return. He is the Chair for the EMEA Region of Partnership in International Management, Executive Secretary of the External Advisory Board of the School of Transnational Governance at EUI and conducts numerous research and consulting projects with the most important financial institutions at European level and corporations for valuation and corporate governance issues.
Professor of Banking and Finance and Chair in Long-Term Investment and Absolute Return, Vice-Rector for International Affairs, Bocconi University, Italy
Giulia Negri is Fellow of Corporate Finance at Bocconi School of Management. She teaches Executive level and Executive MBA-level courses and served as a financial consultant for small and medium-sized enterprise companies. She is Associate Professor of Finance at Luxembourg School of Business.
Fellow of Corporate Finance, Bocconi School of Management, Italy; Associate Professor of Finance, Luxembourg School of Business, Luxembourg.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.