- Explains the basic principles of bacterial pathogenesis
- Covers diverse aspects integrating regulation, cellular microbiology and evolution of microbial disease of humans
- Discusses current strategies for the identification of virulence determinants and the methods used by microbes to deliver virulence factors
- Presents authoritative treatises of the major disease microorganisms
Table of Contents
E.A. Groisman, Preface.
H. Ochman, Evolution of Bacterial Pathogenesis.
J.R. Harper and T.J. Silhavy, Germ Warfare: The Mechanisms of Virulence Factor Delivery.
C. J. Dorman and S.G.J. Smith, Regulation of Virulence Gene Expression in Bacterial Pathogens.
A. Camilli, D.S. Merrell, and J.J. Mekalanos, Strategies to Identify Bacterial Pathogenicity Factors.
J.R. Alfano and A. Collmer, Mechanisms of Bacterial Pathogenesis in Plants: Familiar Foes in a Foreign Kingdom.
A.P. Boyd & G.R. Cornelis, Yersinia.
C.A. Scherer and S.I. Miller, Molecular Pathogenesis of Salmonellae.
P.J. Sansonetti, C. Egile, and C. Wennerås, Shigellosis: From Disease Symptoms to Molecular and Cellular Pathogenesis.
J.L. Puente and B.B. Finlay, Pathogenic Escherichia coli.
V.J. DiRita, Molecular Basis of Vibrio cholerae Pathogenesis.
T.L. Cover, D.E. Berg, M.J. Blaser, and H.L.T. Mobley, H. Pylori, Pathogenesis.
S.D. Gray-Owen, C. Dehio, T. Rudel, M. Naumann, and T.F. Meyer, Neisseria.
P.A. Cotter and J.F. Miller, Bordetella.
C.M. Tang, D.W. Hood, and E.R. Moxon, Pathogenesis of Haemophilus Influenzae Infections.
M. Caparon, Pathogenic Mechanisms in Streptococcal Diseases.
H. Fsihi, P. Steffen, and P. Cosart, Listeria Monocytogenes.
- No. of pages: 826
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2000
- Published: December 4, 2000
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080539584
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780123042200
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Principles of Bacterial Pathogenesis"