Principles and Practice of Biostatistics emphasizes the basic aspects of biostatistics most often used in the teaching and research areas of medical, nursing and allied health sciences.
- Written in a simple tone and chapters are organized in logical order to ease the process of understanding.
- Covers topics such as basic biostatistics, epidemiology & clinical trials, research methods & data management, and the most commonly used regression methods.
- Stresses on the importance and appropriateness of statistical methods, their assumptions, validity and interpretation in the context of clinical data.
- Each chapter is organized into Learning Objectives, Introduction of various statistical methods illustrated with Worked Examples and graphical methods as appropriate, ending with summarized Key Points.
- Review Questions, Exercises and Multiple Choice Questions enable the reader a quick grasp of and greater insight into the methods presented in the text.
1. Role of Biostatistics in Health Sciences
2. Summarizing and Presentation of Data
4. Probability Distributions
5. Sampling Methods
6. Statistical Inference I – Estimation
7. Statistical Inference II – Testing of Hypotheses
8. Analysis of Variance and Multiple Comparisons
9. Hypothesis Testing – Categorical Data
10. Nonparametric Methods
11. Correlation and Regression
12. Epidemiological Study Designs and Analysis
13. Clinical Trials
14. Diagnostic Tests
15. Introduction to Survival Analysis
16. Clinical Measurements
17. Demographical Methods and Vital Statistics
18. Applied Regression Analysis and Multivariable Methods
19. Research Methods
20. Sample Size
21. Meta-Analysis in Systematic Reviews
Appendix A: Statistical Tables
Appendix B: Answers to Multiple Choice Questions
Appendix C: Bibliography
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2017
- 8th May 2017
- Elsevier India
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.