Here's a comprehensive, pocket-sized resource for the care of full-term newborns. It provides guidance on well-baby development, monitoring the newborn, non-acute disease management, patient education, and more. Concise and convenient, this is the perfect reference for anyone who cares for babies in the first hours of life.
- Presents cutting-edge chapters on prenatal diagnosis, screening, and genetics.
- Speeds information gathering with extensive charts and tables, procedures, laboratory observations and other essential data collected in appendices.
- Expedites access to vital information with a bulleted outline format.
- Offers relevant tables on cultural and religious considerations affecting care of the newborn.
- Prenatal Visit
2. High-Risk Pregnancy
3. Prenatal Monitoring
4. Neonatal Resuscitation
5. Physical Examination of the Newborn
6. Transitional Period: The First 6 Hours of Adaptation From Intrauterine to Extrauterine Life
7. The Head
11. Pulmonary System
13. Genitourinary System
14. The Nervous System
16. Skin Care
18. Birth Injuries
21. In Utero Drug Exposure
22. Inherited Metabolic Diseases
23. Metabolism and Endocrinology
24. Prenatal Diagnosis and Screening
26. Childbirth Education, Parent-Infant Bonding, and Continuing Education
27. Indications for Transfer to the Intensive Care Nursery
28. Discharge Considerations and Process
30. The Importance of Wasting No Time
31. Cultural Considerations
Appendix A: Conversion Tables and Formulas
Appendix B: Anthropometric Charts and Tables
Appendix C: Laboratory Observations
Appendix D: Procedures
Appendix E: Breast Milk and Chemicals
Appendix F: Composition of Nutritional Products
Appendix G: Physical Observations
Appendix H: Neonatal Pharmacology
Appendix I: Newborn Nursery Policy Statements
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2006
- 23rd August 2006
- Paperback ISBN: