- This is the only book authored by Nurse Practitioners that focuses on managing the primary health care needs of children with chronic conditions.
- More than 60 expert contributors provide the most current information available on specific conditions.
- Comprehensive summary boxes at the end of all chronic conditions chapters provide at-a-glance access to key information.
- Resource lists at the end of each chronic condition chapter direct you to helpful websites, national organizations, and additional sources of information that you can share with parents and families.
- Updated references ensure you have access to the most current, evidence-based coverage of the latest research findings and management protocols.
1. The Primary Care Provider and Children with Chronic Conditions
2. Chronic Conditions and Child Development
3. School and the Child with a Chronic Condition
4. Transitions to Adulthood
5. Chronic Conditions and the Family
6. Family Culture and Chronic Conditions
7. Ethics and the Child with a Chronic Condition
8. Financing Health Care for Children with Chronic Conditions
9. Systems of Care for Children with Chronic Conditions
Part Two: Chronic Conditions
12. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
14. Bleeding Disorders
15. Bone Marrow Transplantation
17. Celiac Disease—NEW!
18. Cerebral Palsy
19. Cleft Lip and Palate
20. Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
21. Congenital Heart Disease
22. Cystic Fibrosis
23. Diabetes Mellitus (Types 1 and 2)
24. Down Syndrome
25. Eating Disorders—NEW!
27. Fragile X Syndrome
28. HIV Infection and AIDS
30. Inflammatory Bowel Disease
31. Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
32. Kidney Disease, Chronic
33. Mood Disorders
34. Muscular Dystrophy—NEW!
37. Organ Transplantation
40. Sickle Cell Disease
41. Tourette Syndrome and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
42. Traumatic Brain Injury