Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Preservatives for the Beverage Industry, Volume Fifteen, a new release in The Science of Beverages series, is a valuable resource that discusses preservatives and their impact in the beverage industry, including potential health impacts. The book takes a broad, multidisciplinary approach to explore both conventional and novel approaches of the types and uses of preservatives. The latest applications and techniques to reduce the use of non-natural or health-threatening preservation elements are also covered. This is a must-have reference for anyone who needs to increase their technical-scientific knowledge in this field.
- Includes information on the use of hurdle technology in the preservation of beverages
- Provides the latest research and impact of antimicrobial use in the beverages industry
- Presents the benefits and risks of preservatives to ensure safety in beverage products
Food scientists, beverage technologists, food chemists, food microbiologists, food engineers in the beverages sector (R&D, Gov. and academia and in food manufacturing
1. Preservatives in Beverages: Perception and Needs
2. Characteristics and Uses of Novel and Conventional Preservatives for Fruit Drinks and Beverages
3. Traditional Bio-Preservation in Beverages: Fermented Beverages
4. Non-Conventional Preservation Techniques: Current Trends and Future Prospects
5. Emerging Non-Chemical Potential Antimicrobials for Beverage Preservation
6. Natural Preservatives for Non-Alcoholic Beverages
7. Non-Thermal Preservation of Wine
8. Optimizing Beverage Pasteurization Using Computational Fluid Dynamics
9. Process and Impact of the Addition of Biocompounds on the Development of Pasteurized Healthy Juices
10. Preservation of Beverage Nutrients by High Hydrostatic Pressure
11. Prebiotics in Beverages: From Health Impact to Preservation
12. Processing Techniques for Microtoxins: A Balancing Act of Food Safety and Preservation
13. Hydrocolloids as Emulsifiers and Stabilizers in Beverage Preservation
14. Detoxification and Sensing of Organophosphate-Based Pesticides and Preservatives in Beverages
15. Traditional Fermented Alcoholic Beverages of Rwanda (Ikigage, Urwagwa and Kanyanga): Production and Preservatives
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 17th July 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Alexandru Mihai Grumezescu is a lecturer in the Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, at the Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science, Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania. He is an experienced researcher and published editor in the field of nano and biostructures. He is the editor-in-chief of two international open access journals: Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry, Letters and Applied NanoBioScience. Dr. Grumezescu has published more than 200 peer-reviewed papers, authored nine books, and has served as an editor for more than 50 scholarly books.
Assistant Professor, Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science and Faculty of Medical Engineering, Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania
Alina-Maria Holban is a lecturer in Microbiology and Immunology, at the Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest; and associate researcher at the University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania. Her primary area of research is the development of bionanomaterials with antimicrobial applications. Dr. Holban has published 75 papers in peer-reviewed journals, 42 conference/symposia proceedings, and has edited more than 21 edited books.
Botany and Microbiology Department, Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest, Romania
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.