1. Neuropathology Patterns and Introduction
2. Normal Brain Histopathology
3. Intraoperative Consultation and Optimal Processing
4. Neuroradiology: The Surrogate of Gross Neuropathology
5. Integrating molecular diagnostics with surgical neuropathology
6. Diffuse Astrocytic and Oligodendroglial Tumors
7. Non-diffuse Astrocytoma Variants
8. Ependymomas and Choroid Plexus Tumors
9. Other Glial Neoplasms
10. Neuronal and Glioneuronal Neoplasms
11. Pineal Parenchymal Tumors
12. Embryonal Neoplasms of the Central Nervous System
14. Mesenchymal Tumors of the Central Nervous System
15. Tumors of Peripheral Nerve
16. Epithelial, Neuroendocrine, and Metastatic Lesions
17. Lymphomas and Histiocytic Tumors
18. Germ Cell Tumors
19. Melanocytic Neoplasms of the Central Nervous System
20. Histological features of pituitary adenomas and sellar region masses
21. Therapy-Associated Neuropathology
22. Familial Tumor Syndromes
23. Infections and Inflammatory Disorders
24. White Matter and Myelin Disorders
25. Pathology of Epilepsy
26. Vascular and Ischemic Disorders
27. Biopsy Pathology of Neurodegenerative Disorders in Adults
Part of the in-depth and practical Pattern Recognition series, Practical Surgical Neuropathology, 2nd Edition, by Drs. Arie Perry and Daniel J. Brat, helps you arrive at an accurate CNS diagnosis by using a pattern-based approach. Leading diagnosticians in neuropathology guide you from a histological (and/or clinical, radiologic, and molecular) pattern, through the appropriate work-up, around the pitfalls, and to the best diagnosis. Almost 2,000 high-quality illustrations capture key neuropathological patterns for a full range of common and rare conditions, and a "visual index" at the beginning of the book directs you to the exact location of in-depth diagnostic guidance.
- Sweeping content updates keep you at the forefront of recent findings regarding pulmonary hypertension, pediatric lung disease, and all major neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the lung.
A new chapter on Pulmonary Function Testing for Pathologists brings you up to date with relevant aspects of these key tests.
- Improved pattern call-outs are now linked directly within the chapter, reinforcing the patterns for more efficient and complete understanding.
- A user-friendly design color-codes patterns to specific entities, and key points are summarized in tables, charts, and graphs so you can quickly and easily find what you are looking for.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 7th December 2017
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor of Pathology and Neurological Surgery, Vice Chair Department of Pathology, Director of Neuropathology Division and the Neuropathology Fellowship Program, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California
Professor & Vice Chair Translational Programs, Director, Division of Neuropathology, Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.