- Provides essential material for the extensive world-wide community of non-professional astronomers
- The author’s enthusiasm is reflected in every page, and his expertise, knowledge and teaching experience provides easy access to the fascination and enjoyment of sky-watching
- Includes chapters on the celestial sphere, the sun and sundials, star positions, star maps, planispheres and nomograms, and light and basic optics
Table of Contents
- The celestial sphere; The sun and sundials; Star positions, star maps, planispheres and nomograms; Light and basic optics; Miscellaneous calculations; Appendices and useful information; Index.
- No. of pages: 240
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 1994
- Published: January 1, 1994
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781782424918
About the Author
H R Mills
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Practical Astronomy"