Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Polyphenols: Properties, Recovery, and Applications covers polyphenol properties, health effects and new trends in recovery procedures and applications. Beginning with coverage of the metabolism and health effects of polyphenols, the book then addresses recovery, analysis, processing issues and industrial applications. The book not only connects the properties and health effects of polyphenols with recovery, processing and encapsulation issues, but also explores industrial applications that are affected by these aspects, including both current applications and those under development.
- Covers the properties and health effects of polyphenols, along with trends in recovery procedures and applications
- Addresses recovery, analysis and processing issues
- Concludes with coverage of the industrial applications of polyphenols
Food scientists, technologists, engineers and chemists working in the whole food science field, new product developers, researchers, academics and professionals working in the food industry
Part A: Metabolism and Health Effects of Polyphenols
1. Overview of Polyphenols and Their Properties
Ana Belscak-Cvitanovic, Ksenija Durgo, Ana Hudek, Višnja Bacun-Druzina, Drazenka Komes
2. Polyphenols: Absorption, Bioavailability and Metabolomics
Lei Chen, Hui Cao, Jianbo Xiao
3. Beneficial Effects of Polyphenols on Chronic Diseases and Ageing
Cvejic Hogervorst Jelena, Russo Giorgio, Godos Justyna, Mimica-Dukic Neda, Simin Natasa, Bjelica Artur, Grosso Giuseppe
4. Nutrigenomics and Polyphenols
Maria Antónia Nunes, Francisca Rodrigues, Ana F. Vinha, Rita C. Alves, M. Beatriz P.P. Oliveira
Part B: Recovery and Processing of Polyphenols from Target Sources
5. Target Sources of Polyphenols in Different Food Products and Their Processing By-Products
Urszula Tylewicz, Malgorzata Nowacka, Beatriz Martin-Garcia, Artur Wiktor, Ana Maria Gomez Caravaca
6. Polyphenols Analysis and Related Challenges
Merichel Plaza, Gloria Domínguez-Rodriguez, Maria Castro-Puyana, Maria Luisa Marina
7. Recovery Technologies and Encapsulation Techniques
Incinur Hasbay, Charis M. Galanakis
8. Emerging Technologies for the Extraction of Polyphenols from Natural Sources
Richard G. Maroun, Hiba N. Rajha, Nada El Darra, Sally El Kantar, Stéphanie Chacar, Espérance Debs, Eugène Vorobiev, Nicolas Louka
9. Technological Aspects and Stability of Polyphenols
Jianjun Deng, Haixia Yang, Esra Capanoglu, Hui Cao, Jianbo Xiao
Part C: Application of Polyphenols in the Industry
10. Foods and Supplements
Nieves Baenas, Ángel Abellan, Sara Rivera, Diego A. Moreno, Cristina Garcia-Viguera, Raul Dominguez-Perles
11. Natural Pigments and Colorants in Foods and Beverages
Ana F. Vinha, Francisca Rodrigues, Maria A. Nunes, M. Beatriz P.P. Oliveira
Francisca Rodrigues, María de la Luz Cadiz-Gurrea, Maria A. Nunes, Diana Pinto, Ana F. Vinha, Isabel Borras Linares, M. Beatriz P.P. Oliveira, Antonio Segura Carretero
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- 13th January 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Galanakis is an interdisciplinary scientist. He is the research and innovation director of Galanakis Laboratories (Chania, Greece) and the coordinator of the Food Waste Recovery Group of the ISEKI-Food Association (Vienna, Austria). He serves as an expert evaluator and monitor of international and regional funded programs and proposals, whereas he is an editorial board member and subject editor of Food and Bioproducts Processing and Food Research International. He has edited nine books and published ~100 articles
Galanakis Laboratories, Chania, Greece
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.