1. The Role of Sea Ice in Arctic and Antarctic Polynyas (D. G. Barber, R. A. Massom).
2. Physical Oceanography of Polynyas (W.J. Williams, E.C. Carmack, R.G. Ingram).
3. Polynya Modeling (A.J. Wilmott, D. M. Holland, M.A. Morales Maqueda).
4. Meteorology and Atmosphere-surface Coupling in and around Polynyas (P.J. Minnett, E.L. Key).
5. Gas Fluxes and Dynamics in Polynyas (L.A. Miller, G.R. DiTullio).
6. Biogeochemistry of Polynyas and their Role in Sequestration of Anthropogenic Constituents (M. Hoppema, L.G. Anderson).
7. Physical Control of Primary Productivity in Arctic and Antarctic Polynyas (K.R. Arrigo).
8. Primary Production and Nutrient Dynamics in Polynyas (J.-E. Tremblay, W.O. Smith, Jr.).
9. Zooplankton Processes in Polynyas (D. Deibel, K.L. Daly).
10. Pelagic Bacterial Processes in Polynyas (H.W. Ducklow, P.L. Yager).
11. Benthic Processes in Polynyas (J.M. Grebmeier, J.P. Barry).
12. The Impact and Importance of Production in Polynyas to Top-Trophic Predators: Two Case Histories (N. Karnovsky, D. Ainley, P. Lee).
13. Polynyas and Climate Change: A View to the Future (W.O. Smith, Jr., D.G. Barber).