This volume provides an overview of polymer characterization test methods. The methods and instrumentation described represent modern analytical techniques useful to researchers, product development specialists, and quality control experts in polymer synthesis and manufacturing. Engineers, polymer scientists and technicians will find this volume useful in selecting approaches and techniques applicable to characterizing molecular, compositional, rheological, and thermodynamic properties of elastomers and plastics.
Engineers, researchers and technicians in the plastics industry.
- Chromatographic Techniques Chromatography for Analytical Analyses Gas Chromatography Liquid Chromatography GPC/DRI Gel Permeation Chromatography GPC/DRI/LALLS GPC/DRI/VIS GPC/DRI/UV GPC/DRI/FTIR
- Thermal Analysis General Principles of Operation Thermal Analysis of Polymers
- Microscopy for Polymer Characterization General Information Non-Routine Techniques
- Elemental and Structural Characterization Tests Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectroscopy Ion Chromatography (IC) Ion Selective Electrodes (ISE) Mass Spectrometry (MS and GC/MS) Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectrometer Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Ultraviolet, Visible, and Infrared Spectrometry (UV, Vis, IR) X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometry Potentiometric Titrations Neutron Activation Analysis
- Rheometry Rheometrics System IV Capillary Rheometry Torque Rheometry
- Chemical Analysis of Polymers Comminution, Separation, and Identification Stabilizer Identification Polymer Identification Appendix A: Abbreviations of Polymers Appendix B: Glossary of Polymers and Testing Appendix C: Professional and Testing Organizations American National Standards Institute (ANSI) American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) Food and Drug Administration (FDA) National Bureau of Standards (NBS) National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) Plastics Technical Evaluation Center (Plastec) Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) Society of Plastics Industry (SPI) Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Appendix D: Glossary of Engineering and Materials Terms Index
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 1996
- 31st December 1996
- William Andrew
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
United States Agency for International Development