Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Pollution Control Technology for Leachate from Municipal Solid Waste explores the physical, chemical and biological factors that produce leachate and technological solutions for its control. The book introduces the integrated and pre-treatment leachate treatment processes that are necessary to deal with the variations of pollutants in leachate. Real world case-studies are provided to illustrate these treatment processes, along with leachate treatment engineering process design and the construction of municipal solid waste incinerator power plants. This book will be of particular interest to Civil, Chemical and Environmental Engineers, but will also be ideal for Environmental Scientists.
- Provides quantity and quality prediction models, along with properties of effluent concentrated leachate liquid
- Includes physical and chemical treatment processes for leachate, including ammonia nitrogen removal using struvite precipitation, crystal variation and microstructure of the struvite, etc.
- Covers leachate treatment engineering processes for design and construction of treatment plants
Civil Engineers and Environmental Engineers, Chemical Engineers, and Environmental Scientists
- Leachate generation and characteristics
2. Physical and chemical treatment processes for leachate
3. Biological treatment processes for leachate and physical and chemical treatment processes for its effluents
4. Irrigation of diluted leachate for plants growth
5. Leachate treatment engineering processes
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2018
- 27th July 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Zhao Youcai is a professor of environmental engineering at the School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Tongji University, Shanghai, China. He received his bachelor degree from Sichuan University, Chengdu, China (1984) and his Ph.D. from the Institute of Chemical Metallurgy (now Institute of Process Engineering), Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing (1989). He completed his post-doctoral research work at Fudan University, Shanghai, China and joined in Tongji University in 1991. He has also worked at Aristotle University, Greece; National University of Singapore, Singapore; Tulane University, USA; and Paul Scherrer Institute, Switzerland, for 4 years as research fellow or visiting professor. He has authored and co-authored 158 publications in peer-reviewed internationally recognized journals, 420 publications in China journals, and 6 English books, and has authored, co-authored, and edited 85 Chinese books. His research interests include treatment of municipal solid wastes, sewage and industrial sludge, hazardous wastes, polluted construction wastes, and industrial wastes.
School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Tongji University, Shanghai, China
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.