- Summarises both the science and technology of plasma processing, and its practical applications
- Discusses how plasma technology improves textile properties such as wettability and liquid repelling
- An invaluable reference for researchers, scientists and technologists
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Plasma science and technology: The physics and chemistry of plasmas for processing textiles and other materials; The diagnosis of plasmas used in the processing of textiles and other materials; Low pressure cold plasma processing technology; Atmospheric cold plasma processing technology; Corona and atmospheric pressure plasma treatment of textiles; Nanoscale treatment of textiles using plasma technology. Part 2 Textile applications: Plasma treatment of textiles for water and oil repellency; Engineering and biomedical textiles using plasma technology; Plasma modification of wool; Plasma modification of natural cellulose fibres; Plasma treatment of particular fibres and textiles; Characterisation of plasma treated textiles.
- No. of pages: 360
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2007
- Published: February 21, 2007
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845692575
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Plasma Technologies for Textiles"