- Print ISBN 9781416051985
- Electronic ISBN 9780323245739
- Master the physics of nuclear medicine with thorough explanations of analytic equations and illustrative graphs to make them accessible.
- Discover the technologies used in state-of-the-art nuclear medicine imaging systems
- Fully grasp the process of emission computed tomography with advanced mathematical concepts presented in the appendices.
- Utilize the extensive data in the day-to-day practice of nuclear medicine practice and research.
Tap into the expertise of Dr. Simon Cherry, who contributes his cutting-edge knowledge in nuclear medicine instrumentation.
1. What is Nuclear Medicine?
2. Basic Atomic and Nuclear Physics
3. Modes of Radioactive Decay
4. Decay of Radioactivity
5. Radionuclide and Radiopharmaceutical Production
6. Interaction of Radiation with Matter
7. Radiation Detectors
8. Electronic Instrumentation for Radiation Detection Systems
9. Nuclear Counting Statistics
10. Pulse-Height Spectrometry
11. Problems in Radiation Detection and Measurement
12. Counting Systems
13. The Gamma Camera: Basic Principles
14. The Gamma Camera: Performance Characteristics
15. Image Quality in Nuclear Medicine
16. Tomographic Reconstruction in Nuclear Medicine
17. Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography
18. Positron Emission Tomography
19. Hybrid Imaging: SPECT/CT and PET/CT
20. Digital Image Processing in Nuclear Medicine
21. Tracer Kinetic Modeling
22. Internal Radiation Dosimetry
23. Radiation Safety and Health Physics
- No. of pages:
- © 2012
- 12th April 2012
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: