- Overviews of anatomy and physiology at the beginning of each body system unit provide a basic understanding of anatomy and physiology to help you understand how drugs work in the body.
- Mini drug monographs in every body system and drug classification chapter contain valuable drug information and pill photos for quick reference.
- Summary drug tables with generic/brand name, usual dose and dosing schedule, and warning labels offer at-a-glance access to information about specific drugs.
- Helpful Tech Notes enhance your understanding of the practical knowledge needed in the pharmacy setting and help you relate new concepts to practical use.
- Tech Alerts offer critical reminders and warnings to help you learn to identify and avoid common pharmacy errors.
- Technician's Corner critical thinking exercises prepare you for on-the-job situations by providing a set of facts and asking you to reach a conclusion.
Unit 1: Introduction to Pharmacology
- Fundamentals of Pharmacology
- Principles of Pharmacology
- Drug Interactions and Medication Errors
- Treatment of Anxiety
- Treatment of Depression
- Treatment of Schizophrenia and Other Psychoses
- Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease and Huntington’s Disease
- Treatment of Seizure Disorders
- Treatment of Pain
- Treatment of Migraine Headache and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Treatment of Sleep Disorders and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Neuromuscular Blockade
- Treatment of Muscle Spasms
- Treatment of Autoimmune Diseases That Affect the Musculoskeletal System
- Treatment of Osteoporosis and Paget’s Disease of the Bone
- Treatment of Hyperuricemia and Gout
- Treatment of Glaucoma and Other Disorders of the Eye
- Treatment of Vertigo and Other Disorders of the Ear
- Treatment of Ophthalmic and Otic Infections
- Treatment of Angina
- Treatment of Hypertension <
Unit 2: Drugs Affecting the Autonomic Nervous System and Central Nervous System
Introduction to the Nervous System
Unit 3: Drugs Affecting the Musculoskeletal System
Introduction to the Musculoskeletal System
Unit 4: Treatment of Diseases of the Ophthalmic and Otic Systems
Introduction to the Ophthalmic and Otic Systems
Unit 5: Drugs Affecting the Cardiovascular System
Introduction to the Cardiovascular System and Hematological System