Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Dendrimers: Introduction, types and properties
2. Dendrimers as solubility enhancer or excipient
3. Dendrimers as therapeutic agent/drug
4. Biocompatibility and toxicity of dendrimers
5. Dendrimers as drug delivery carrier
6. Dendrimers for the delivery of biological drugs
7. Pharmacokinetic considerations in design of dendrimer-based nanomedicines
8. Design of dendrimer-based prodrugs
9. Stimuli-responsive dendrimers in drug delivery
10. Dendrimer-based targeted drug delivery
11. Dendrimers in photodynamic therapy
12. Diagnostic applications of dendrimer based nanovectors
13. Overview of current clinical status of dendrimer-based formulations
Pharmaceutical Applications of Dendrimers explores the applications of dendrimers in the solubilization of hydrophobic active ingredients, drug delivery, gene delivery, imaging, diagnosis and photodynamic therapy. The book discusses the diagnostic applications of dendrimers, including their use as MRI contrast agents and in the imaging of diseased areas. In addition, the anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antiviral properties of PPI and PAMAM are also covered, along with a discussion on photosensitizers, such as rose Bengal and protoporphyrin IX that have been delivered using PAMAM and PPI dendrimers for the treatment of cancer.
This book is an important research reference for those who want to learn more about the development of dendrimer-based solutions for drug delivery.
- Explores the role of dendrimers in the design of dendritic nanoplatforms for targeted drug and gene delivery systems
- Discusses the potential of dendrimers in preformulation and formulation development
- Addresses both clinical and regulatory challenges in the development of dendrimer-based formulations
Materials scientists and biomedical researchers who are looking to learn more about how dendrimers can be used to create more efficient drug delivery solutions
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 15th November 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Abhay Singh Chauhan is Associate Professor, School of Pharmacy at the Medical College of Wisconsin, USA. He was previously Director of Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology at Concordia University, USA. His research is in the area of nanopharmaceuticals.
College of Wisconsin, USA
Hitesh Kulhari is Assistant Professor at the School of School of Nano Sciences, Central University of Gujarat, India. His research focuses on pharmaceutical formulation development, drug and gene delivery, pharmacokinetics and nanomedicines.
Central University of Gujarat, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.