Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Petroleum Waste Treatment and Pollution Control combines state-of-the-art and traditional treatment and control methods for removing, controlling, and treating problems, such as groundwater contamination, aromatics, oil, grease, organic removal, and VOCs.
The book is divided into seven chapters, with the first briefly introducing readers to the petroleum industry. The second and third chapters explain wastes in the petroleum industry and focus on its environmental impact, its regulations, and protection options.
Chapters four, five, and six discuss the treatment of air emissions, oily wastewater, solid wastes, and disposal methods.. The final chapter provides remediation processes.
- Presents the latest methods for treating, controlling, and eliminating pollutants from air, water, and land that are a byproduct of petroleum industry operations
- Covers the environmental impact of the petroleum industry and its regulations, explaining protection options
- Includes treatment methods for both air, water, and solid waste disposal
- Discusses remediation processes, including natural processes, pump and treat, soil flushing, soil vapor extraction (SVE), bioremediation, and excavation
Environmental and Chemical Engineers
- About the Author
- 1. Introduction to the Petroleum Industry
- 1.1. Petroleum
- 1.2. World Distribution of Petroleum Resources and Reserves
- 1.3. Petroleum Utilization
- 1.4. Petroleum Industry
- 2. Pollutions and Wastes From the Petroleum Industry
- 2.1. Terminology and Definitions
- 2.2. Wastes From Exploration, Development, and Production
- 2.3. Wastes From Hydrocarbon Processing
- 2.4. Wastes From Storage, Transportation, Distribution, and Marketing
- 2.5. Oil Spills
- 3. Environmental Impacts of the Petroleum Industry, Protection Options, and Regulations
- 3.1. Overview of Environmental Impacts of the Petroleum Industry
- 3.2. Environmental Protection Options
- 3.3. Environmental Regulations
- 4. Oil-Spill Response
- 4.1. Fate of Oil in the Marine Environment
- 4.2. Overview of Oil-Spill Response
- 5. Control and Treatment of Air Emissions
- 5.1. Overview of Control and Treatment of Air Emissions
- 5.2. Control of Odor
- 6. Treatment of Oily Wastewater
- 6.1. Overview of Wastewaters and Management of Them in the Petroleum Industry
- 6.2. Wastewater Characterization
- 6.3. Selection of Oil/Water Separation and Treatment Technologies
- 6.4. Wastewater Treatment
- 6.5. Oily Wastewater Treatment Plants
- 7. Solid-Waste Management in the Petroleum Industry
- 7.1. Introduction to Solid Wastes in the Petroleum Industry
- 7.2. Overview of Solid Waste-Management Practices
- 7.3. Handling of Heavy Metals
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2016
- 18th October 2016
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Shahryar Jafarinejad received his bachelor of science (B.Sc.) in chemical engineering, master of science (M.Sc.) in chemical engineering - process design, and doctor of philosophy (Ph.D.) in chemical engineering from school of chemical engineering, college of engineering, UT. He has taught some chemical engineering courses at school of chemical engineering, college of engineering, UT; college of environment, UoE; and department of chemical industries, Valiasr Technical college, TVU; and supervised some undergraduate and graduate students. In addition, he served as a consultant of industry. At this time, he is an assistant professor of college of environment. He has published one book and some peer reviewed ISI and conference papers and has served as an editorial board member and reviewer of some engineering journals.
University of Environment, Karaj, Alborz, Iran
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.