Edited, authored, and reviewed by an expert team of oncologists and nuclear physicians/radiologists, this one-of-a-kind title helps you make the most of the critical role PET/CT plays in cancer staging and therapeutic responses to individualized treatments. Drs. Mohsen Beheshti, Werner Langsteger, and Alireza Rezaee place an emphasis on cutting-edge research and evidence-based practice, ensuring that you’re up to date with every aspect of this fast-changing field. For each tumor entity, you’ll find authoritative discussions of background, pathology, common pattern of spread, TNM classification, clinical guidelines, discussion, evidence-based recommendations, key points, and pitfalls.
- Contains 130 teaching cases with high-quality PET/CT images.
- Presents clear, practical guidance from multiple experts across subspecialties: nuclear medicine, oncology, oncologic surgery, radiation oncology, and clinical research.
- Includes separate, comprehensive chapters on head and neck, lung, breast, esophageal/gastric, pancreas/neuroendocrine, colorectal, hepatobiliary, lymphoma, gynecologic, prostate, melanoma, and brain cancers.
- Features short reviews of clinical aspects of different cancers, primary diagnostic procedures, and recommendations regarding PET/CT from ESMO and NCCN.
- Helps to reveal positive outcomes or potential deficits or weaknesses in an individual plan of care, allowing for better outcomes in patient care, future cancer research, and application of radiotracers beyond 18F-FDG.
Chapter 1: Head and Neck Cancer
Chapter 2: Lung Cancer
Chapter 3: Breast Cancer
Chapter 4: Gastroesophageal Cancer
Chapter 5: Gastroenteropancreatic Neuroendocrine Neoplasms
Chapter 6: Colorectal Cancer
Chapter 7: Hepatobilliary Cancer
Chapter 8: Lymphoma
Chapter 9: Gynecologic Cancer
Chapter 10: Prostate Cancer
Chapter 11: Melanoma
Chapter 12: Brain Tumors
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 12th June 2017
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor of Nuclear Medicine, Head, PET-CT Center Linz, Department of Nuclear Medicine and Endocrinology, Orensklinikum, St Vincent's Hospital, Linz, Austria
Professor and Chairman, PET-CT Center Linz, Thyroid Center Linz, and Therapy Unit, Department of Nuclear Medicine and Endocrinology, Ordensklinikum, St. Vincent’s Hospital, Linz, Austria
Consultant, Nuclear Medicine, Scientific Collaborator, Department of Nuclear Medicine and Endocrinology, Ordensklinikum, St. Vincent’s Hospital, Linz, Austria