- Reviews residue detection, risk assessment and risk management
- Extensive coverage of chemical residues
- Indispensable resource for all food producers
Table of Contents
- Introduction to food toxicology. Part 1 Assessing and managing risks: Genetic susceptibility to dietary carincogens; Assessing the mutagenicity of chemicals in food; The impact of chemical residues: the case of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs); Targeted and rapid methods in analysing residues in food; Good agricultural practice and HACCP systems in the management of pesticides and veterinary residues on the farm. Part 2 Veterinary residues: Assessing the safety of veterinary drug residues; The toxicology of particular veterinary drug residues; The rapid detection of veterinary drug residues; New techniques for the rapid detection of growth promoters in farm animals; The rapid detection of coccidiostat drug residues in farm animals. Part 3 Pesticides: Surveillance for pesticide residues; The rapid detection of pesticide residues; Detecting residues of urea and carbamate pesticides; Detecting fungicide residues; Detecting herbicide residues. Part 4 Other chemical residues in food: Xenostrogens; Dietary estogens; Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs); Dioxins and Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs); Detecting organic contaminants in food: The case of fish; Identifying allergenic proteins in food; Toxicological screening of paper and board packaging; Detecting metal contamination; Mycotoxins: Detection and control.
- No. of pages: 704
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2004
- Published: August 19, 2004
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781855739109
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Pesticide, Veterinary and Other Residues in Food"