- Reviews the range of ingredients used in 'performance' functional foods
- Summarises research on the complex links between nutrition, functional ingredients, mood and cognitive performance
- Edited by a leading authority in the field and with contributions from experts worldwide
Table of Contents
- Interactions between stress, food and mood; Mood, cognitive function and nutritional and other supplements; The range of medicinal plants influencing mental and physical performance; Phyto-oestrogens and cognitive function; Ginseng; Ginkgo biloba and Alzheimer's disease; Functional ingredients in sports drinks; Pharmacological functions of green tea polyphenols; Caffeine, mental performance and mood.
- No. of pages: 216
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2003
- Published: February 3, 2003
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781855736900
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Performance Functional Foods"