Pathology for the Health Professions, 6th Edition is the best resource for clear, concise, and clinically relevant information on general pathology. Praised for its stunning collection of pathology images, this engaging, easy-to-understand text covers the most frequently encountered diseases that you need to know to succeed in today’s healthcare environment.
- UNIQUE! Each major disease is presented in a standardized format called DEPPiCT (Disease description, Etiology, Pathogenesis, Pathology, Clinical features, and a short discussion on Therapy or prognosis), providing a valid and useful didactic approach to study and clinical practice.
- Clear, non-technical writing style makes complex concepts more engaging and easier to understand.
- Learning objectives and review questions help you identify the most important concepts and test your understanding of essential principles.
- Key terms are listed at the beginning of each chapter and bolded at first mention.
- Comprehensive glossary provides easy access to definitions of terms.
5. Genetic and Developmental Disorders
6. Fluid and Hemodynamic Disorders
7. The Cardiovascular System
8. The Respiratory System
9. The Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Systems
10. The Gastrointestinal System
11. The Liver and Biliary System
12. The Pancreas
13. The Urinary Tract
14. The Male Reproductive System
15. The Female Reproductive System
16. The Breast
17. The Endocrine System
18. The Skin
19. Bones and Joints
20. Muscles and Peripheral Nerves
21. The Nervous System
22. The Eye
23. The Ear
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2021
- 31st March 2021
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
School of Medicine
Department of Pathology & Laboratory Science
The University of Kansas Medical Center
3901 Rainbow Blvd.
Kansas City, KS 66160-7410
Professor, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.