- Clear, up-to-date illustrations and explanations of the macroscopic (gross) and microscopic lesions resulting from diseases occurring in domestic animals
- Complete coverage of both general pathology and the pathology of organ systems that includes the latest research, practice, and diagnostic information on disease mechanisms, pathogenesis, and lesions.
- Clear explanations of disease mechanisms that describe cell, tissue, and organ system responses to injury and infection.
- Easy-to-follow organization for each systemic disease chapter including a brief review of the study of diseases that occur in specific tissues, organs, and organ systems, with basic principles related to anatomy, structure, and function, followed by congenital and functional abnormalities and discussions of infectious disease responses, helping students apply principles to veterinary practice.
- More than 2,100 full-color illustrations featuring color photographs, schematics, flow charts, and diagrammatic representations of disease processes as well as summary tables and boxes, making it easier to understand difficult concepts.
- Content on cellular and organ system pathology updated throughout the book, with expanded coverage of genetics and disease.
- Key Readings Index in each chapter with page numbers for key topics.
- Essential Concept boxes in each General Pathology chapter break down complicated topics that are critical to understanding lesions and pathogeneses.
- More than 20 recognized experts deliver the most relevant information for the practitioner, student, or individual preparing for the American College of Veterinary Pathologists’ board examination.
- An enhanced eBook is included with new print purchase, featuring the complete, fully searchable text plus an image collection; the text, tables, and boxes linked to the website that are cited throughout the book; ten new appendices that focus on veterinary diagnostic pathology, postmortem examination, interpretation of lesions, and more; plus an established appendix of photographic techniques used in veterinary diagnostic pathology.
- No. of pages: 1528
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Mosby 2021
- Published: December 15, 2021
- Imprint: Mosby
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780323713139