- A clear, broad-based approach offers a thorough introduction for the non-specialist nurse.
- Written and edited by an experienced team of nurses working in this field, grounding it in current practice.
- Learning outcomes listed at the start of each chapter aid learning and comprehension.
- Reflective practice activities and an outline of CPD is especially useful for students working independently.
- Case histories, recommended reading lists, and references provide a solid evidence base for clinically based practice and facilitate further study.
1. Introduction to Palliative Care: Overview of Nursing Developments
2. Education and Development in Palliative Care
3. Holistic Care
4. Symptom Management
5. Communication and Support in Palliative Care
6. Spirituality in Palliative Care
7. Sexuality and Palliative Care
8. Complementary Therapies
9. Supporting the Family and Careers
10. Living with Loss
11. Ethical Issues in Palliative Care
12. Evidence-Based Palliative Care
Appendix: Journals Subscribed to by the Marie Curie Cancer Care Library Service