- Provides a review of recent research focussing on improving the mechanical and biological performance of bone cements
- Discusses the current applications of bone cements particularly in hip replacement, verteboplasty and wear particles
- Reviews types of materials and acrylic, polymethlymethacrylate and calcium phosphate as types of cements
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Bone cements in medicine: Bone disease; Hip replacements; Knee replacements; Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty; Antibiotic-impregnated polymethyl-methacrylate (PMMA) spacers in hip surgery; Commercial aspects and delivery systems of bone cements; Wear particles and osteolysis. Part 2 Materials: Acrylic bone cement: Genesis and evolution; Poly(methylmethacrylate) bone cement: Chemical composition and chemistry; Calcium phosphate bone cements. Part 3 Properties of bone cements: Mechanical properties of bone cements; Fracture toughness and fatigue characteristics of bone cements; Dynamic creep in bone cements. Part 4 Enhancing the properties of bone cements; Antibiotic-loaded bone cements; Modifications of bone cements; Design of bioactive bone cement based on organic-inorganic hybrids; Clinical aspects of calcium phosphate bone cements.
- No. of pages: 424
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2008
- Published: October 16, 2008
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845695170
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Orthopaedic Bone Cements"