Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Oral Delivery of Therapeutic Peptides and Proteins provides a complete overview of the journey scientists pursue to attain protein and peptide oral delivery. The book highlights the physiological challenges that must be accounted for in addition to overcoming protease inhibition and acid stability issues that are commonly mentioned in this area of research. Primary topics include formulation technologies being adopted for oral delivery of proteins and peptides, modification of actives to make them more suited for oral delivery, animal models and their shortcomings in assessing oral bioavailability, and in vitro models to simulate drug absorption and transport.
Academics and industry researchers working in formulation development and researchers and advanced students in biotechnology and pharmacy will find this a useful resource.
- Demonstrates how proteins and peptides transport throughout the gastrointestinal tract and how to evaluate their biological fate when encapsulated into certain delivery systems
- Examines developing technologies to improve future oral bioavailability
- Includes the in vitro and preclinical techniques needed for development
Academics and industry researchers working in formulation development. Researchers and advanced students in biotechnology and pharmacy
- Formulation technologies being adopted for oral delivery of proteins and peptides
2. Modification of actives to make them more suited for oral delivery
3. Animal models and their shortcomings in assessing oral bioavailability
4. In vitro models to simulate drug absorption and transport
5. Futuristic technologies to improve oral bioavailability
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2022
- 1st January 2022
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Senior Formulation Scientist, MedImmune, AstraZeneca
He specializes in design and characterization of drug delivery systems such as microparticles, nanoparticles, hydrogels, micelles; formulation development, optimization, scale up and technology transfer of small molecule oral and sterile formulations in GMP/ GLP environment; design of pre-clinical efficacy and toxicology studies; development of in vivo/ in vitro models to assess efficacy of formulations, and ocular formulation design and development.
Vice President, R&D, AstraZeneca
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.