- Introduces popular Open Source database tools (MySQL/PHP) and basic development skills, bringing database driven technology within the reach of any web developer
- Explores strategies for improving content management, web publishing and information access
- Uses non-technical language and presents seven university library web database case studies
Table of Contents
- Weighty worlds of wonder: what's, why's and wherefore's of the Web; The open source movement; Six reasons to consider open source; The database driven web; Building block I: cascading style sheets; Building block II: PHP; Building block III: relational databases; Building block IV: database design and normalisation; Building block V: MySQL; Standards and accessibility; In pursuit of accessibility; Web development planning; The dynamic duo; The indispensable function; Database driven web applications; Case studies.
- No. of pages: 256
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Chandos Publishing 2006
- Published: September 30, 2006
- Imprint: Chandos Publishing
- Paperback ISBN: 9781843341611
- eBook ISBN: 9781780631882
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Open Source Database Driven Web Development"