Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Omics Technologies and Bio-Engineering: Towards Improving Quality of Life, Volume 2 is a unique reference that brings together multiple perspectives on omics research, providing in-depth analysis and insights from an international team of authors. The book delivers pivotal information that will inform and improve medical and biological research by helping readers gain more direct access to analytic data, an increased understanding on data evaluation, and a comprehensive picture on how to use omics data in molecular biology, biotechnology and human health care.
- Covers various aspects of biotechnology and bio-engineering using omics technologies
- Focuses on the latest developments in the field, including biofuel technologies
- Provides key insights into omics approaches in personalized and precision medicine
- Provides a complete picture on how one can utilize omics data in molecular biology, biotechnology and human health care
Professionals and students in biotechnology and across the life sciences, particularly systems/synthetic biologists, molecular biologists, and biochemists
MICROBIAL, PLANT AND AGRI BT
26. Microbial Omics: Applications in biotechnology
27. Omics approaches in viral biotechnology: towards understanding the viral diseases, prevention, therapy, and other applications in human betterments
28. Algal biotechnology: An update from industrial and medical point of view
29. Omics approaches in fungal biotechnology: Industrial and medical point of view
30. Genetic engineering for plant transgenesis: focus to farmaceuticals
31. Agricultural biotechnology: Engineering plants for improved productivity and quality
32. Functional food biotechnology: The use of native and genetically engineered Lactic acid bacteria
33. Omics and edible vaccines
34. Plant metabolic engineering
35. Biocontrol technology: eco-friendly approaches for sustainable agriculture
36. Bio-engineering towards fighting against superbugs
37. Nanotechnology in bio-engineering: Transmogrifying plant biotechnology
INDUSTRY AND ENV BIOTECH
38. Techniques in biotechnology: essential for industrial applications
39. Omics approaches in industrial biotechnology and bioprocess engineering
40. Omics approaches and applications in dairy and food process technology
41. Omics approaches in enzyme discovery and engineering
42. Biomedical engineering: the recent trends
43. Omics approaches in biofuel technologies: toward cost effective eco-friendly and renewable energy
44. Omics based bioengineering in environmental biotechnology
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 28th February 2018
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Debmalya Barh, PhD, holds Master’s and PhD’s degree on Biotechnology and Post-Doc on Bioinformatics. He is honorary Principal Scientist at Centre for Genomics and Applied Gene Technology, Institute of Integrative Omics and Applied Biotechnology, a global platform of multidisciplinary research and advocacy. He has experience with both academic and industrial research and has more than 12 years on bioinformatics and personalized diagnostic/medicine industry experience, with focus on translating academic research into high value commercial products. He has published more than 150 articles in reputed international journals and has edited 15 cutting-edge biotechnology related reference books. He has also co-authored 30+ book chapters. Due to his significant contribution in the field, he has been recognized by Who's Who in the World and Limca Book of Records.
Principal Scientist, Centre for Genomics and Applied Gene Technology, Institute of Integrative Omics and Applied Biotechnology, Nonakuri, Purba Medinipur, West Bengal, India
Vasco Azevedo is graduated from veterinary school of the Federal University of Bahia in 1986. He obtained his Master (1989) and Ph.D. (1993) degrees in microbial genetics from Institut National Agronomique Paris-Grignon (INAPG) and Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), France, respectively. He did his Post-doctoral research (1994) at Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania. USA. Since 1995, he is a Professor at Federal University of Minas Gerais (UFMG), Brazil. In 2004, Prof. Azevedo won the Livre-docência contest at the University of São Paulo, which is considered the best university in Brazil. Livre-docência is a degree awarded by the Higher Education Department of Brazil through a public examination open only to the doctoral degree holders and is a recognition to a superior quality of teaching and research. In 2017, Prof. Azevedo defended his third thesis to become a Doctorate in Bioinformatics from the UFMG. He is a also a Fellow of Brazilian Academy of Sciences. He has published 380 research articles, 3 books, and 29 book chapters. Prof. Azevedo is expert in bacterial genetics, genomics, transcriptome, proteomics, and development of new vaccines and diagnostics against infectious diseases. He is pioneer in genetics of Lactic Acid Bacteria and Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis in Brazil.
Professor, Institute of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Minas Gerais (UFMG), Brazil
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.