Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Chapter One: Utility of Autoantibodies as Biomarkers for Diagnosis and Staging of Neurodegenerative Diseases
- 1 Introduction: A Brief History of Autoantibodies
- 2 A Causal Role for Autoantibodies Revealed in Well-Known Autoimmune Diseases
- 3 Autoantibodies in Cancer: Byproduct or Biomarker?
- 4 Escalating Involvement of Autoantibodies in Neurological and Neurocognitive Disorders
- 5 Autoantibodies: Abundant, Ubiquitous, and Clinically Useful
- 6 Methods of Autoantibody Detection in Biofluids
- 7 Utility of Autoantibodies as Biomarkers of Disease
- 8 Conclusions and Perspectives
- Chapter Two: Metabolomics of Neurodegenerative Diseases
- 1 Metabolomics in Medicine
- 2 Metabolomics Biomarkers of Disease
- 3 Metabolomics Biomarker Discovery in Neurodegenerative Disorders
- 4 Summary
- Chapter Three: Parkinson's Disease: In Vivo Brain Metabolomics by MRS
- 1 Proton MRS
- 2 1H MRS: Compounds Detectable In Vivo
- 3 Phosphorus MRS
- 4 Mitochondrial Dysfunction
- 5 Other Findings
- 6 High Magnetic Field
- 7 Parkinson's Disease and Solvent Exposure
- 8 Conclusions
- Chapter Four: Recent Advances and Applications of Metabolomics to Investigate Neurodegenerative Diseases
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Metabolomics and Neurodegenerative Disorders
- 3 Conclusions
- Chapter Five: Lipidomics of Human Brain Aging and Alzheimer's Disease Pathology
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Lipidomics of Human Brain
- 3 Lipidomics of Human Brain Aging
- 4 Lipidomics of Alzheimer's Disease Pathology
- 5 Summary and Future Prospects
- Contents of Recent Volumes
Omic Studies of Neurodegenerative Disease: Part B is part of a well-established international series on neuroscience that examines major areas of basic and clinical research, along with emerging and promising subfields.
The book informs the reader on the current state of the studies used to evaluate the mechanisms, causes, and treatment of neurodegeneration through a combination of literature reviews and examples of current research.
- Provides the expertise of leading contributors in the field
- Demonstrates how findings in the fields of genomics, proteomics, and metabolomic studies can combined for further insights
- Informs the reader on the current state of the studies used to study the mechanisms, causes, and treatment of neurodegeneration through a combination of literature reviews and examples of current research
The volume will appeal to a wide audience including students and researchers from across the life science community, particularly those interested in neuroscience.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2015
- 16th September 2015
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Michael Hurley has 20 years of experience conducting research in to the cause and consequence of neurodegeneration in brain. He currently works at Imperial College London.
Imperial College London, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.