Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Nutraceuticals and Natural Product Pharmaceuticals analyzes the nutraceutical and pharmaceutical research published over the last decade, paying particular attention to applications and recovery effects. The book emphasizes the great need for both nutritionists and pharmacologists to understand how these drugs can benefit human health. Topics explore innovative sources, bioavailability, pharmacokinetics, translating novel pathways and mechanisms of action into their clinical use, personalized nutrition and natural product medicine, the convergence between nutraceuticals and western medicine, interactions between drugs, nutrients, the microbiome and lifestyles, industrial applications and commercialization, metabolomics, nano-delivery systems and function, and more.
Nutritionists and pharmacists working with natural products, food scientists, nutrition researchers and those interested in the development of innovative products, nutraceuticals, pharmaceuticals and functional foods are sure to benefit from this thorough resource.
- Connects research from the nutraceutical and pharmaceutical industries
- Promotes further communication and cooperation between pharmacologists and nutritionists by analyzing nutraceutical and pharmaceutical research in particular applications and recovery efforts
- Explores the health effects of target compounds and the development of applications in both sectors
New product developers working in human nutrition and food and in the pharmaceutical industry, nutritionists, pharmacists, medical doctors, food scientists, food technologists, food chemists, biochemists, researchers, academics and professionals working in the nutraceutical and food industries. This book could also be of use to postgraduate students studying food chemistry, food science and technology, or pharmacognosy
1. Introduction to nutraceuticals and pharmaceuticals
2. Nutrigenomics and antioxidants
3. How plant secondary metabolites impact human health
4. Nutraceuticals and metabolic syndrome
5. Pharmacokinetics and bioavailability of natural products
6. Epigenetics and personalized nutrition
7. Innovative sources
8. Production of natural products with pharmaceutical potential
9. Food matrices that improve the oral bioavailability of pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals
10. From nutraceuticals to nanopharmaceuticals
11. Reorientation of nutraceuticals and pharmaceuticals applications in an open innovation model
12. Convergence between nutraceuticals and western medicine
13. Ethno-pharmaceutical formulations
14. Effects of nutritional supplements on human health
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2019
- 4th August 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Charis M. Galanakis is a multidisciplinary scientist in agricultural sciences as well as food and environmental science, technology, and sustainability, with experience in both industry and academia. He is the research and innovation director of Galanakis Laboratories in Chania, Greece, an adjunct professor of King Saud University in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and the director of Food Waste Recovery Group (SIG5) of ISEKI Food Association in Vienna, Austria. He pioneered the new discipline of food waste recovery and has established the most prominent innovation network in the field. He also serves as a senior consultant for the food industry and expert evaluator for international and regional funded programs and proposals. He is an editorial board member of Food and Bioproducts Processing, Food Research International, and Foods, has edited over 45 books, and has published hundreds of research articles, reviews, monographs, chapters, and conference proceedings.
Galanakis Laboratories, Chania, Greece
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.