Master the art of caring for children with most effective, efficient, and affordable title on pediatric nursing care. Taking on a family focus, this student-friendly text teaches growth, development, and information on the major body system alterations. Plus, dramatically streamlined content and new learning tools make this new edition even more tailored to your learning needs.
- Expert reviews of chapter content ensure all chapters include current practices, terms, and updated information.
- Health Promotion boxes summarize information from the American Academy of Pediatrics to teach you how to perform a comprehensive assessment of well infants and children at various ages.
- Illustrated Procedure boxes include step-by-step instructions for common nursing tasks.
- Pathophysiology boxes explain changes in physiology that occur in a variety of diseases and disorders in children.
- Nursing process highlighted in nursing care plans and in-text discussions.
- Clinical Reference pages provide students with easy-to-find reference sections, including basic anatomy and physiology, pediatric differences, related laboratory and diagnostic tests, and commonly prescribed medications.
UNIT I: INTRODUCTION TO CHILD HEALTH NURSING
1: Introduction to Nursing Care of Children
UNIT II: GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT: THE CHILD AND THE FAMILY
2: Family-Centered Nursing Care
3: Communicating with Children and Families
4: Health Promotion for the Developing Child
5: Health Promotion for the Infant
6: Health Promotion During Early Childhood
7: Health Promotion for the School Age Child
8: Health Promotion for the Adolescent
UNIT III: SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS IN CARING FOR CHILDREN
9: Physical Assessment of Children
10: Emergency Care of the Child
11: The Ill Child in the Hospital and Other Care Settings
12: The Child With a Chronic Condition or Terminal Illness
13: Principles and Procedures for Nursing Care of Children
14: Medication Administration and Safety for Infants and Children
15: Pain Management for Children
UNIT IV: CARING FOR CHILDREN WITH HEALTH PROBLEMS
16: The Child with a Fluid and Electrolyte Alteration
17: The Child with an Infectious Disease
18: The Child with an Immunologic Alteration
19: The Child With a Gastrointestinal Alteration
20: The Child With a Genitourinary Alteration
21: This Child with a Respiratory Alteration
22: The Child With a Cardiovascular Alteration
23: The Child With a Hematologic Alteration
24: The Child with Cancer
25: The Child with Major Alterations in Tissue Integrity
26: The Child With a Musculoskeletal Alteration
27: The Child With an Endocrine or Metabolic Alteration
28: The Child with an Neurologic Alteration
29: Problems in Children and Families
30: The Child With a Developmental Disability
31: The Child with a Sensory Alteration
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2013
- 26th March 2012
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor of Nursing, Curry College, Milton, MA
Assistant Professor of Nursing Tarrant County College Fort Worth, Texas
Assistant Dean, Undergraduate Student Services, School of Nursing, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas